Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Attack on Titan WIP

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
supremedalek925 polycounter lvl 10
I've seen The Secret of Kells and started watching Attack on Titan recently, which has got me excited about environments involving giant walls. I loved the design of the ships in Attack on Titan so I thought it would be fun to do an environment inspired by that universe, using some of the familiar settings and objects from the show. Here is a look at my early work in progress. All I've really got is an early version of the modular wall pieces and a ship with diffuse textures only.

BZoEtoi.jpg
KIeuo7B.jpg
hEBdQu1.jpg
8WoIckV.jpg

I had started out planning on creating the entire Wall Maria and its interior, but I quickly realized as I watched the series that the wall was much larger than I had thought so I decided to do sections of the Trost district instead with a large amount of artist's liberty to get in all the cool stuff I wanted to do. This process so far has made me interested in the process of creating extremely large set pieces, or in this case, very long and detailed ones that would probably take up a lot of polygons unless clever trickery is involved. If anyone has ideas or suggestions on going about creating this type of environment, I'd love to hear it; it's certainly interesting thinking about what needs to go into creating a set like this.

Replies