Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: pheonix561

Hi polycount, I'm new here and I thought I'd introduce myself by posting some of my work. I'm an aspiring concept artist, here's a few things I did recently. Critique is always welcome!

A few whimsical robots:

tumblr_n3j2f51abi1txb2qdo1_1280.png

Character sketches I never finished:

tumblr_n3j963Cc5i1txb2qdo2_1280.png

tumblr_n3j963Cc5i1txb2qdo1_1280.png

And here's a concept for a project I'm working on:

tumblr_n4njjb6f701txb2qdo1_1280.png

Replies

• pheonix561
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's a second take on that earlier concept:

tumblr_n4ytwlo9m11txb2qdo1_1280.png

I think it’s a step forward, but it’s not where I want it to be yet. The biggest issue I had with the previous transport cell was that it looked like one solid object when it was supposed to look like three. Now it looks like three objects next to each other, when it should look like three objects in unison as one object. Which is a difficult balance to strike I think.

The vent/engine things on the bottom look formless. And the overall appeal of it looks more like it belongs in Area 51 than anything. This still has work in it left to be done on it. Expect variants of the machine’s skin later.
  • pheonix561
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tumblr_n52qn6JaNJ1txb2qdo1_1280.png

Here's some variants of that forklift from above, as if they were sold for public/commercial use.
  • pheonix561
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's some sketches and concepts I did. Anybody see anything they like before i take it to completion?

XiYDrdv.jpg

1I3ahiJ.jpg
  • pheonix561
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finished version of the gun design I liked most from above:

tumblr_n67b460H0F1txb2qdo1_1280.jpg
  • pheonix561
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's some sketches and concepts I'm working on for a finished rifle, same personal project:

tumblr_n6cf4uPWkC1rbffp0o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_n6ebekNpw71txb2qdo1_1280.jpg
  • pheonix561
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's two WIP's from that trio of rifle sketches I posted earlier. I likes the top design the most and I wanted to work with it, but for the life of me I have not been able to make any progress with that design. I'm gonna be moving on to sniper rifles next probably.

dTHBq6E.png

duAcoiJ.png

Foes anybody have any advice on how to do good prop design conceot art? i've been really getting into that subject lately. I bought a digital magazine with a simple tutorial from brian sum on how he does his gun designs, and I'm meeting with some amount of success from that, but I'd love to hear from you guys any advice you might have.