Home General Discussion

Australian/NZ Polycounters with DVD collections.

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
Way out there, but I specifically remember the scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark in the theaters at the end where the US markings are burnt off the crate. This is not being confused with the ship and Nazi symbol. It was hard to forget this as it showed that the ark was not meant for any country/man. It supposedly was cut out after the first month of the films showing and never included on any vhs or dvd release.

If not, I'm going to ebay for a copy, but before spending that exponential amount to get one shipped, seeing if any of you have a earlier copy of the DVD as supposedly its in the Region 4 version right before or after the credits, yet no one has ever posted a screen capture.

Like I said out there, but some sites are claiming its an urban myth/mass hallucination/"old" people loosing their memory. Yet, I searched for this information after re watching the film today and noticing it missing. Not before. It also like Disney trying to hide "Song of the South" because of its racial and slavery stereotyping. God forbid Spielberg/Lucas "diss" the US.

Replies

• Steve Schulze
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    So this is the scene where they're moving the crate with the arc in it into the big warehouse? That's not in any of the versions that I've seen. I'm not sure how that shot would fit in. It'd seem to make that final shot less effective. If it did indeed ever exist, I'd imagine it could have been chopped out for pacing improvements as much as coddling patriotism.