Home Technical Talk

Mixamo Fuse Asset Import Thoughts

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Urzaz polycounter lvl 6
I work with a medium-sized, mostly student team that's making a Unity game about ancient Rome for educational purposes. We want this thing to be quality, and we're all learning professional techniques as we go.

I don't know how many of you our there have a Mixamo all-access license, but I've been messing around with Fuse's new asset import feature and I think it will really help us out with our project (which is character heavy), and I think it could benefit from some further discussion, from what I've seen there's really nothing on the internet talking about it.

For my part, I didn't think Fuse was going to do anything for us until we could import custom content, namely Roman faces, tunics, hairstyles, togas, etc. Now it's looking like an easy way for designers or artists to assemble varied characters and make sure everything lines up pretty well. I'll be posting my experiments with importing things into fuse, I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Replies

• ethan001
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looking forward to what comes out... i asked their support and it sounds like a new version is coming out later this month which includes mesh modification capabilities. I'm using Mudbox to edit the Fuse template for a futuristic/cyber-punk game. Hopefully they will have more non-standard content for the next release.

Cheers

Ethan
  • ethan001
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sounds quite interesting... what do you have?
    I'm using Fuse for a cyber-punk game i'm working on it, using Mudbox to edit the base mesh.
    i have heard from support they have a new release coming up at the end of May with more capabilities around mesh editing... curious to see. Hopefully we also get more non-standard accessories/styles.

Cheers

Ethan