Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Video animation (corperate software)

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Deathstick polycounter lvl 7
Hello all,

This is kind of different from what I usually do/want to do (cough* games*cough) but I figured I'd share it. The project was for an advertising agency for a piece of software called release automation.

Basically my job was to work with a script and come up with the storyboard, visuals, and the actual animation/final rendering. Here's one of the roughs that was before sound was finalized (I wasn't in charge of audio, and imo I think the sound fx were a little overdone)

It was fun to work on though and I learned a lot having never really messed around with rendering and animating like this in 3d studio max, and there's probably a million things I'd change but that comes with the process vs deadlines I figure.

Anyways here's the video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGeilNtrgf4

Replies

• DWalker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    With this kind of project, you're usually given the script and have to design the animation around it. The audio files arrive at some point, and you have to ensure that your animations match up.

It's actually like that in games, as well - the voices are recorded long before the game's art has progressed past the rough concept stage.