Home Unity

Dynamic shadow leaking

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
HAWK12HT polycounter lvl 12
Issue_beast_shadow.jpg

Hi everyone, having an issue with dynamic shadow which is showing after lightbake. Trouble is the object (f1 car) is behind wall and directional light is not even hitting the car as shown by orange lines yet when light is baked the car is generating shadows too.

Scene has lightprobes and all dynamic objects are set in proper way. Only thing that i have not tried is making UVW light map for car but generate uvw for lightbake is checked.

:poly122:

Replies

• MikeF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    i'd double check to make sure that cast/receive shadows is turned off on the mesh renderer attached to the car.

Also, those shadows must be coming from somewhere, so double check all your lights to make sure one of them isn't accidentally casting a shadow
  • HAWK12HT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi , thanks for reply.

This is game ready scene and using 1 per pixel light (aka Directional light) that is generating shadows and is coming through the window as shown by orange lines.
    Every other light in this scene is confirmed SH (Vertex light) and set to Not Important in render, hence no shadow what so ever.

the culprit is the directional light only, I am using single lightmap. Also if lower the shadow intensity the problem fades away and is not so noticeable BUT still there and it reduces the richness of other shadows in scene as required (sort of art decision for having pitch black shadow).

:/
  • SanderDL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SanderDL polycounter lvl 7
    If you don't want dynamic shadows at all you can just turn shadows off al together on your directional light or you could set it to only display Baked lighting. If it is only the car giving your trouble, you could just turn off casting shadows on the mesh.
  • HAWK12HT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I do want dynamic shadows and scene is filled in volume as per docs (unity) with lightprobes.
    The issue is object that is not even receiving direct light (shadow castor light) is generating shadow. I mean that is impossible in real world sense.

Yup I have changed the settings and when i change it to bake only the issue goes away but hey this isnt solving this dynamic shadow leaking issue which im sure will pop up in open environments. -_- Unity
  • SanderDL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SanderDL polycounter lvl 7
    Do your walls have back faces or are they just planes? You need to have solid walls for the shadow casting to work correctly.
  • HAWK12HT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yup solid back n front walls.