Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Clone Trooper

Hey folks, just started working on a new character, I always wanted to do something from the Star Wars universe so here I am working on a clone trooper. I'm going to steer away from a standard foot soldier and try to add my own flavor. Only have the base for a head so far, it's uvmapped and baked down with some vcols, but I could really use some critique!

3Qn00XW.jpg

Replies

• CSOConnor
  • silvershrimp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks like a good idea, here's some crits;
    No SSS effect on ear, skin looks a bit plastic. Stubble is inconsistent. Needs eyelashes, scars made a t same time need to have same material properties, add wetness under eyeball, fit eyelid to eyeball. Fix seam on top of head, add stubble to head. Mouth is probably too wide, AO is too dark. Shape of eyelid not quite rounded towards tearduct. Ear is vaguely wrong shape, curve usually higher.
    Overall shape I like and the idea, keep working at it.
  • CSOConnor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @silvershrimp, thanks so much man, that's what I was looking for. I did my best to change what you suggested, the only things I haven't done yet are tweak the tearduct and shrink the width of the mouth. I'll be adding hair planes next, which I have no experience with, so should be interesting :p
    I could always use some more critique so I can push this further.

2HKk87f.jpg
  • Steve Schulze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Steve Schulze polycounter lvl 18
    Not going going to make him Maori then? It'd make his stand out a little more from the crowd than average tough white, baldy man.