Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Helspont Comicon 2014 Entry

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
IfioW2S.jpg

This was submitted before i could work on the textures but here it is and you can go see the one at gameartisans if you want it has the flames i added.

Also i am posting a thread for this for C & C so please share what you think i can add to this, thanks for checking this out and helping me.

First PBR attempt hope you like it.

This was in honor of the darksiders crew, thanks for making an awesome game and style.

Refs:
xgcbfO0.jpg

If you care to here is the raw Hi-Res Turn Table.
https://mega.co.nz/#!F8ByxAjY!gl4AuzX1sSQLobkPMrXH7BdMeX-ufvJXCS6iV_qEmBk

Here is the quick youtube downgraded version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I29B_n8DLR8

Replies

• D4V1DC
    Offline / Send Message
    No one wants to be the first to rape and put me down come on give me what you got i am a big boy lols, seriously though i did't want to add green into this so if you can help please do, i know the edges aren't the best but something, to be honest besides proportions i pretty much made this on the go with the competition... i want to make something you like so let's go b!tch.:)
    I only say this to progress, pbr is difficult i won't lie.
  • snoop
    Offline / Send Message
    snoop polycounter lvl 7
    The design is really cool and I think you did a fine job modeling it, and the texture work is good too, but the texture from a technical art standpoint, an overall colour design standpoint, seems very bland. It looks great, but something just seems to be missing about it. It just seems far too clean, especially with the bits of torn cloth on him suggesting some kind of damage or occurrence that would leave uh, more of a mark. The piece lacks the finishing polish that really makes a work like this shine; what you have is a fantastic base with which to finish your piece, but you just haven't gone that extra step yet. I'm sorry I can't be of more help than that, I know it's a pretty lacking criticism, but that's all I can really say about it.
  • [Deleted User]
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] insane polycounter
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • D4V1DC
    Offline / Send Message
    Whoa comments where did these come from :) Thanks gents.

Snoop:
    Thanks man, I agree it is too clean, it was hard for me to figure out how to go about giving him dirt on the rocky bits, I tried a faint red bronze type of dirt on the black you can't see it too much but it is on the chest and inside of the boots area, where I can spot it best. I didn't want to add green "moss" type of material into this as you don't see that in meteorites and I had other ideas trying to mash them into each other but i ran out of time, I might add it in if enough people enjoy this. I just have a habit of posting to many updates too soon.

Teriyaki :) sure I can here:(updated with current textures)
    208yxjk.jpg
    about that last bit, I am silly sometimes, just to make people laugh, idk but your right, will tone it down.

That is particles that i created btw.

Yes the red material is the torn cape of superman, that is what it is supposed to be.
    It does need work i never worked with cloth and i tried to dirty it up I guess the red just over powers it. I didn't want it to look so faded though but i guess it looks too strong?

Yea Helspont is a daemonite a being of light that can "become anyone it wants" so think mystique, and his power is the blue flame which he found, idk the whole story but here it is:
    http://www.comicvine.com/helspont/4005-40632/
    And some images of the daemonites, last image:
    At the competition page

When I used a rim light on this guy it seemed very sharp and odd when i made the turn around, and from the thread i gather there is some issue with lights and the turn tables.

Sorry that it doesn't have character, I attempted to make a rocky/armor/shell to in-trap superman into him as if using superman as a vessel of strength and object to which would holdup the rocky pieces but instead helspont just altered parts of himself to mimic meteorites, just for the looks (I know not the most creative idea but you can write a better one for me :) ).

I love the honesty man, trust me I am glad people are usually honest.

Hope this gains a few more C & c Posts.
  • Cactus on Fire
    Offline / Send Message
    Cactus on Fire polycounter lvl 10
    This model kicks ass :V
    Also good job with the texture work !
  • Joost
    Offline / Send Message
    Joost polycount sponsor
    Yeah the model is great! But the texture could use some variation.