Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Lady Bust

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Pioldes polycounter lvl 5
Hello! Just started a little bust for fun. It's gonna be some punkish african lady :)

I'll add some accessories and pose her a bit when I'm happy with the proportions, so I'm asking for feedback from you guys.

Thanks!

qzKp0dt.jpg

Replies

• Heather_Bea
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Heather_Bea polycounter lvl 5
    I like the style you have going on! Its very appealing aesthetically. I don't have any feedback to give but I look forward to seeing more! ^_^
  • Pioldes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Small update, changed some proportions, added some details, quick hair blocking, etc.

PxKG3jC.jpg
  • Pioldes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Little work, test of the pose I want. I'll polish up a few things and start on retopo and texture soon. I really feel like doing her Borderlands/Walking Dead style. I love this kind of texture work :)

tEAz3xc.png
  • tristanCarter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tristanCarter polycounter lvl 5
    I like it a lot, however, there are a few things you should clean up. Right now the connection of the eyelid where the ligament that connects to the bridge of the nose seems a little strange. For the ear, the tragus seems a little too pointy, and you seem to be missing the ear canal and the area where the helix wraps back into the ear to meet the concha. You may also want to consider adding a slight depression into the corners of the mouth right next to where the upper and lower lips meet. Finally, you need to fix the connection of the trapezius leading up into the skull. As it currently stands it looks as though her back is jutting out unnaturally.

Aside from those things it has a great style that I'd love to see part of a full character rather than just a bust, but I look forward to seeing a textured version.
  • Pioldes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Now that's the kind of feedback I'm looking for :)

Will look into that asap!

Also, I miiight just do a whole character of this at some point. We'll see what strikes my fancy after this test bust.

Thanks!
  • tristanCarter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tristanCarter polycounter lvl 5
    No problem, I'm looking forward to seeing it with the changes.
  • Pioldes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Did a little BPR of the fixes. I don't think it's perfect, but I think I'll move on to retopo if there's nothing major causing problems and go have fun with texturing!

D2Owakv.png