Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Modeling with Spacedraw on tablets and smartphones

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Scalisoft polycounter lvl 3
This thread is dedicated to WIP using Spacedraw for Android
(see www.scalisoft.com)

You are welcome to post your work here if a substantial part of it is done with Spacedraw.

Also, you are encouraged to indicate
- which of Spacedraw's tools you use,
- what other software you employ (if so),
- what device(s) you use,

and to provide a .spa or .spah file of your scene (please use a File hosting service like DataFileHost or TinyUpload since this forum only allows image attachements).

Don't fear your work not to be sufficiently professional - discussing it will help you and other Spacedraw users!

Replies

• Sculptor1234D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Scalisoft,

I made some tests with SpaceDraw with my new tablet
    (Android KitKat 4.4.2)

Several times mesh disappeared while modeling.:(

I have to start a new scene.

Never got this kind of issue with Android GingerBread 2.3

I hope you'll read this post and fix this issue.

Take care Mate.
  • Sculptor1234D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry double post ...
  • Scalisoft
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scalisoft polycounter lvl 3
  • hansolocambo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hansolocambo polycounter lvl 8
    Sculptor1234d, I used Spacedraw since one of the very early versions and never had a "disappearing" mesh. Unstable scenes that cannot be openend yes, but as far as I'm concerned it doesn't happen anymore. Spacedraw feels way more stable than 3DS Max was at the beginning.
    1) Save your scene in .obj often to be safe.
    2) Your problem is probably related to a misuse of the camera. In the left menu "V" , choose : orbit/tripod/pan. And the view will turn around the axis (Ref.CS) position.

The scene explorer that displays all your objects and vertex count is the white trim on the middle-right of the screen. If you see your object(s) here then it is definitely just your wrong doing in the viewport. Simply tap "V" on the left, then "default view". And again, place your Ref.CS or select an object before moving the camera. And you won't have any more "disappearance" ;)