Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sheild Base CE3 (W.I.P)

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
oxblood polycounter lvl 9
Hey guys, just been working at this shield base, its still a W.I.P, just wanted to see what you guys thought were or weren't working well with the scene so far, I'm very open to advice as always, so any that you have would be great :)

lw69.jpg

Replies

• [Deleted User]
    It's looking very cool! I like the textures of the ground, stairs and columns. perhaps would add some more details to the right area of the image, the lighting in this type of scenario is essential, I think some glare from the spotlight I would give a great effect! : D
  • noscope
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    noscope polycounter lvl 6
    Some colour variation in the metals will be good. Also some yellow or red parts seen in the image below will stop everything looking blue. Keep going. looking good.

SHIELD_Base.jpg
  • oxblood
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @chus_orgaz Thanks for the advice, i Addded some glare to the lights, i think i will make the ceiling fmore dynamic so I will i will redo that also.

@Noscope thats exactly what it needed. slight hints.. thanks for the advice.
    heres an update sorry about the delay.

jqpj.jpg
  • oxblood
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Another update.. anyone else got any feedback?... Anyone?

g4ws.jpg
  • noscope
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    noscope polycounter lvl 6
    those colors need to pop much more. Push the yellows! Its way to dull atm
  • oxblood
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    alright noscope.. i think i'm about ready to wrap this up now, this is what i have come up with.

fs46.jpg

thanks you guys for helping me push this in the right direction its reallly helped (as you can see.) what you think now btw?
  • Fenyce
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fenyce polycounter lvl 11
    That box there on the left is kinda disturbing. My eyes would like to be able to follow the stairs up, since you gave them the opportunity to follow a way... Because of the composition I would rather remove or reposition that box. (That lilted over one)
  • Higuy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Higuy polycounter lvl 9
    Definitely looking good! I think like Fenyce said the titled box doesn't look right.

Also, I think your scene should tell more of a story. As of right now its pretty interesting and cool but it doesn't say much about what it is. You could add some decals with names above the doors or something to help, or for example could have blood smeared between the doors on the right. Anything could work. :)