Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: CocoaCup

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
CocoaCup polycounter lvl 6
Hi there !
my name is Miriam & i'm student of visual communication from czech republic. i'd love to share my work with you, get some feedback and critique.

Here are some of them.. from the oldest to the latest ones -
my apologies for the long post, but i didn't want to separete it. next works will be posted properly :)

cheers, Miriam.

jyFWwYsiL22pk.jpg

jbkSqdRShRSxfZ.jpg

jbwrd2CSzoaCpk.jpg

jkXrA4rxWeDqL.jpg

jovzOowKkxtYw.jpg

j3rfuoovIwUyx.jpg

isvvuKuEfCX55.jpg

jbz7hWk296vRpF.jpg

jDxcmNfqABukv.jpg

jW9yE3XCFkY2k.jpg

these are the latest one, i'm trying to use more custom brushes and practice with colors

jbppLFTqDVg7NE.jpg

jbigKVqUDoV0i0.jpg

jHb8OcmGnQLVn.jpg

jgcgmcKPcNayz.jpg

jbeW16WXkG5O1U.jpg

Replies

• Two Listen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Two Listen polycount sponsor
    Did a crit/paintover of your sword guy. I was reminded of how I used to paint things, so there were several things I noticed particularly related to the cloth bits.

cocoacup_po_o.jpg
    cocoacup_po.jpg

Your painting style at the moment (more with things that are not environments) tends to rely more on focus of things casting shadows, which is important for large shapes (an arm should cast a shadow on a body if light sources designate that to be appropriate). Certain patterns (a person's brow casting a shadow, shadows cast by cloth folds, etc) are prevalent and are done in a way I used to do them a lot. Knowing what parts will receive light (which does not necessarily mean it will receive a "highlight" amount of light), though, is just as important and marriage of the two will help you define your shapes with much more clarity. If you haven't already, consider reading through this - helped me a lot and still does as a reminder of some fundamentals:

http://androidarts.com/art_tut.htm

Edit: Forgot to say, your more recent environments are coming along nicely and I can see you experimenting with a variety of techniques, which is great to see. :)
  • CocoaCup
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello there again :)

It's been a while since I updated this thread, I was quite busy - working on my bachelor project, which was a graphic visualisation of simple game level in Unreal Engine. The final output was a playable demo from first person view and some printed outputs as renders and ingame screenshots. People were able to play the game with wireless controller and it was great to see them have fun :)

Here are some renders of ingame assets (3ds Max, Zbrush) and ingame screenshots.

VgnTb7C.jpg
    2GXOOLR.jpg
    GXHeAho.jpg
    xnqyEMh.jpg
    n5sX4eX.jpg
    w9OicU3.jpg

Printed renders and screenshots together with mini posters which were free for others.

LrQn3I9.jpg

I made also a short teaser:

I must say it was an amazing experience and even though I had sometimes a quite stresfull days it was worth it !
  • CocoaCup
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OX2114Tbp3coEDGl

started to do quick studies to practice my photoshop skills - trying to understand black & white values for now.
  • CocoaCup
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • CocoaCup
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KrFlNMzNEaQQUWgp

Practicing Zbrush
  • CocoaCup
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey there guys,

I started with my daily zbrush practices about month ago  - sculpting heads from basic sphere :)

Here are some I made, each of them took me between 1.5 - 4 hours max to done. Sill lots to learn, but I'm quite happy with the results, because one month ago it didn't look like as human at all. I want to push my sculpting skills more, add more details, learn the anatomy and all the stuff.

If you have any C&C or ideas what could be changed, please let me know :)

• CocoaCup
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wanted to try something different with the fibermesh :D 
  • CocoaCup
    Options
    Offline / Send Message