Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Stylized female sculpt

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
ultramedia polycounter lvl 11
Hi Everyone,

This Christmas just gone I finally bit the bullet and started on the journey of learning how to sculpt characters. I began by trying out a *bunch* of character drawing tutes, then moved onto youtube videos demonstrating various approaches both in clay and digital sculpting.

It's my first character sculpt ever but seems to be far enough along to start posting stuff here. I used a generic (stylized) female model sheet for the body but just freeformed the face based on a bunch of skull drawing tutes I did.

Here's a turnaround of the body pre face:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmTjo2ZfNDU"]Basic Female Body Sculpt - YouTube[/ame]

And here's a couple of angles on the newly added face:
140216_132200_faceSculpt.jpg

Replies

• theStoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    theStoff greentooth
    This is a good start. The first thing I would say though would be to block in the ears before getting to as much face detail as you have. I find it's a lot easier to position the features of the face when you have all the parts blocked in first. Either way, it's a nice first model. Keep at it.
  • ultramedia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ultramedia polycounter lvl 11
    Thanks Kosh, good point re the ears, I'll hit them up next.

Blocked out a basic hair mesh, just to test the face more than anything else:

20140216_230217.jpg
    20140216_230216.jpg

Now that she's starting to lean more to the realistic side, might have make her a little less skinny around the waist...