n/a

sargentcrunch
polycounter lvl 10

Replies

• chrisradsby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisradsby polycounter lvl 14
    Well if you have a big library of generic textures you use for the buildings and the world itself I would say it's fine to do it the way you are doing it.
  • leleuxart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leleuxart polycounter lvl 10
    I agree with Chris. I think generally, if it's a standard building that uses materials that are easily reusable, it's better to just use the small tiling textures. But if it's a unique building that won't be used much, an atlas sheet is fine.
  • sargentcrunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sargentcrunch polycounter lvl 10
  • Sinking
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You can "tint" in Cryengine? Is there no more complex shader option available? I know it gets most its beauty out of PBR (and not out of complex shaders), but since I've done some vertex painting in UDK recently, I'd really like to know if something like that is possible in Cryengine?!

I want to learn using CrySDK again. I've stopped after making a map with the World Machine workflow about 2 years ago. I wanna get back in and don't know what is possible now. Tinting is a start, how does that work?

Also, you could think about using texture strips on an e.g. 1x2 k texture for some more generic buildings. Then you move the UV shells and scale them to fit your textures and each other. This way you can go beyond the 0-1 UV space, since the engines read across these borders anyway. Effect: lot fewer original materials.
  • arrangemonk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arrangemonk polycounter lvl 15
    shaders make both possible, with the mega texture technique everything is possible, even tiling stuff