Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Nooby pre-rendered robot animation

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Amaury polycounter lvl 7
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05N-NcYMOmI"]v2 robot wip - YouTube[/ame]

This is a school project. The goal was to make an animation test with our first setup on a basic robot. I went a little further and added some compositing.

What can I improve ? Also I'd like to add details to the environment instead of boxes, so I tried to create a part of modular scifi wall with a black n white color map imported in Crazybump, but I'm not really happy with it, do you guys have good tuts for this kind of thing ?

Replies

• BubblegumTate
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BubblegumTate polycounter lvl 5
    Hey, I'll give a couple pieces of feed back, even though I'm no expert.

The first shot with the door opening needs the robot moving through it, or at least towards it, so the second shot feels better.

The second shot where he enters the room is a 180 axis flip from the previous shot. He starts facing right, he comes in facing left. It's a bit disorienting. It can work though with the above mentioned tip.

The animation of him running is a bit too light. He feels like he weighs nothing at all. Keep his feet planted a bit longer and have him really settle in and push off.

The same axis flip happens when we get his first person perspective. He looks right at us, then we are looking a 180 flip view of what he sees. A better transition would be if he started looking at the camera, then turned his head out of curiousity, and then we see what he sees.

The robot design looks neat, and the color/glow from his eyes and weapon work well in the dark scene. Keep it going.