Home General Discussion

Game clones, this shit can fudge off

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
Fwap polycounter lvl 13
http://kotaku.com/the-depressing-black-market-where-games-are-ripped-off-1516904667?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

slightly off topic, any of you mufakas wanna make me a website like facebook, but green and called cranium novel in 2 weeks, budget = tree fiddy

Replies

• jddg5wa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jddg5wa polycounter lvl 8
    Flappy octopus looks more fun than the actual o.o

But honestly is that like the black market of game clones?
  • unit187
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    unit187 polycounter lvl 9
    I heard it is much worse in chinese markets. They often don't even bother to change graphics and sell your game as their own as is :/
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Great, well thanks for ruining our chances at making money off someone else's work!

Guess I have to put 'Angry Pigeons' and 'Plants versus dead people' on the backburner ¬_¬
  • AA3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AA3D polycounter lvl 3
    lool

a friend of mine did that xD
    it was like a facebook with no people :D
    after a couple of months he shut down because he cant attract people
  • ExcessiveZero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ExcessiveZero polycounter lvl 6
    to be fair puzzle lineups, catapult games and tower defence are hardly original concepts, not that I appreciate direct clones, but half the time some new facebook or mobile game is just some rehashed bullshit from the retro era.
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    At this juncture, I'd like to point out that Flappy Bird is a clone, it's a Vietnamese made clone of a 2011 game.

Also, the 2011 game used original assets instead of Mario sprites.

http://iwantaclone.tumblr.com/post/75746079187/even-flappy-birds-is-a-clone
  • huffer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    huffer interpolator
    Yeah, it happens with everything. Company puts time in design and creates cool new product in a category of its own, that customers love, and then a hundred clones spring up. :(
  • Fwap
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fwap polycounter lvl 13
    Its so bad, we know the basis for the game is hardly original but these people are clearly just trying to ride the waves and capitalize on it.
    I pretty much stick clear of mobile app stores, its just so frakking saturated with the same bullshit games.

Can a mod change my name to fwappy bird plx?

Its so bad to the point where this crazy company called Treyarch copied this game from Activation, didn't even bother changing the name! just the dumb subtitle!*

*denotes sarcasm, obviously.
  • ExcessiveZero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ExcessiveZero polycounter lvl 6
    Fwap wrote: »
    Its so bad, we know the basis for the game is hardly original but these people are clearly just trying to ride the waves and capitalize on it.
    I pretty much stick clear of mobile app stores, its just so frakking saturated with the same bullshit games.

Its so bad to the point where this crazy company called Treyarch copied this game from Activation, didn't even bother changing the name! just the dumb subtitle!*

*denotes sarcasm, obviously.
    man your telling me! theres this company called bethesda they totally ripped off this old school RPG called fallout which was made by these guys from black isle, this division of interplay,they kept the name and everything, but they kind of stuck it in a oblivion world instead of the more the diablo like view, they didn't even have any of the old school scientology or monty python jokes, and all the skin tight suits were made out of like some boiler suit denim, you couldn't shoot any of the children and the jet use was pretty much non existent they even stole the little logo guy, it was pretty crazy they got away with that and were given all this praise.
  • jddg5wa
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jddg5wa polycounter lvl 8
    Didn't Microsoft and Apple go through a series of "copying" too back in the day? I think non exact copies are fine but almost exact copies are no fun.