Home General Discussion

Settings in Polycount for Longer Login?

Inhert
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Inhert polycounter lvl 9
Is there a setting in Polycount where you can have a longer login time? The reason I ask is because whenever I try to respond to a post it sometimes takes me a while to type my thoughts down and I also have a bad habit with posting a wall of text and after I hit the Submit button to reply I am prompted to login again. For some reason this is the only forum where you are required to login every 2 to 3 minutes even while typing a response.

Is it because I am fairly new member who doesn't post a lot? Do I have to post a lot in order to get a longer login time privilages. Everytime I try to reply to a post here in Polycount I have to constantly copy my response in the clipboard. In the past I would lose entire responses after hitting the Submit button but it's not as bad as it is now.

Is the login required every 2 to 3 minutes rule a way to combat spam or maybe someone who is afk? I am just curious as to why this is the way it is set up. At least don't require anyone to login again even if they are trying to type a long response like what I am doing right now. I'm thinking of copying this entire post just so I don't lose my thoughts in this post before it is lost after hitting the Submit button :poly122:.

Replies

• passerby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    passerby polycounter lvl 12
    most be a problem on your end, is your browser perhaps blocking browser cookies.

I been logged in for the last few weeks, with out haveing to log in again
  • Two Listen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Two Listen polycount sponsor
    ...did you check the "Remember Me" box when you logged in? If you check that box, and your browser isn't clearing cookies upon closing, you shouldn't have to log in again when revisiting the site - and it shouldn't log you out after a few minutes of inactivity as it tends to do otherwise (such as when typing a post response).
  • Inhert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Inhert polycounter lvl 9
    Maybe it is a browser problem but I can't be sure. What settings in Firefox do you have enable so I don't have to keep logging in every 2 to 3 minutes? I think I set mine to delete cookies but I am unsure of that. This the second machine that does the same thing where I have to keep logging in every 2 to 3 minutes. I used to own a laptop to surf the net but then that one broke so I am using a desktop now to go to the internet.

Polycount for some reason is the only forum where I have to constantly keep logging in every 2 to 3 minutes. Other forums seem to be fine while I'm typing my responses longer than 5 minutes. Hmmm Polycount must not like me :\. Maybe I haven't sacrificed enough goats to the Green Tooth god :poly142:.
  • MM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MM polycounter lvl 17
    try this:
    go to the main page http://www.polycount.com/
  • Inhert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Inhert polycounter lvl 9
    Two Listen wrote: »
    ...did you check the "Remember Me" box when you logged in? If you check that box, and your browser isn't clearing cookies upon closing, you shouldn't have to log in again when revisiting the site - and it shouldn't log you out after a few minutes of inactivity as it tends to do otherwise (such as when typing a post response).

Yeah I don't check that box whenever I log in. I assume it's that option where if you check it and forgot to log out then you will be automatically logged in whenever you visit the site again. I normally don't forget to log out but I also have a fear whenever someone else uses the computer that they might stumble upon this site and start posting stuff that I didn't post :poly122:.

I checked the box before logging to post this as a test. Hopefully this will work and if not then there must a setting in my browser that I have to fix.

Edit: It worked. I just have to remember to check the "Remember Me" box before I log in. Thanks guys :)!
  • passerby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    why not just leave it logged in all the time using the remember me box?
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NegevPro polycounter lvl 4
    I'm not sure if it's just me but on the main page, it always tells me I'm signed in as some random other user lol.

BQ80Tzk.png
  • passerby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    that is a well known bug in the main page, it never happens on the actual forums though.
    NegevPro wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it's just me but on the main page, it always tells me I'm signed in as some random other user lol.

BQ80Tzk.png