Home Contests & Challenges Archives

GOLF - Pandaria Putt-Putt

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
anglorum polycounter lvl 6
This thread was going to be for my course which was tied heavily to the Pandaria and WoW IP. I wasn't aware we couldn't base our themes off of existing games so I'm going to re-post with my concept under the context of something far less "in your face" about anything to do with pandaria.

Fortunately, I never explicitly placed any exclusive WoW iconography in the concept, so I hope I should be okay.

Replies

• LANKUS MAXIMUS
    Wow. Crushing blow to my modest little Zen garden ;)

Should look awesome with your experience in hand-painted textures.

First time for me. I'll try my best :poly124:

EDIT - Not sure if your aware, but Ryan (MangledPoly) has said to a few people how nobody can work on designs that depict pre-existing game IP's for the purpose of their demo.

So this might affect you dude. Just a head's up. Also, not sure if your aware but 3/4 others are working on an Asian theme with the lanterns and gongs and whatnot (Including myself). Just in case you weren't already aware...
  • AzzaMat
    Offline / Send Message
    AzzaMat polycounter lvl 9
    yeh I was gonna mention this as well. It might be worth cutting ties with the pandaria theme and just do the concept as is because on its own the concept is fine :D I would hate to see this disqualified! Concept looks great. looking forward to seeing more.
  • LANKUS MAXIMUS
    Definitely. I'd perhaps just tackle some of the key forms that hold any pandaren reference, then again your composition and progression could work with various theme's...

As soon as i saw the concept. The different parts reminded me of the expansion instantly. Love the Carrots :P
  • JamesR
    It looks fantastic, I'm wondering though as we are just supposed to submit images as the final course if anyone is really going for anything that is practical.

I'd love to see it actually textured like that, but you'll have to explain.