keyframe
Offline / Send Message
Potm keyframe
Potm's pretty Sketchbook
( blink blink ;D )

/Concept Artist/

Please feel free to add me for whatever reason it is

All concepts below are UP FOR GRAB

If you find any concepts in my following post which I didn't post here, it means that -

1.) (Most likely) It needs to be refined.
2.) (Less likely) It's taken.

If you are interested in a set but wanna change some of element in the set, feel free to let me know and we may able to work out.

Please feel free to question or make comment and suggestion as well ^-^

Set items

Single items

Courier

Replies

• cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It is interesting that you only work with girl heroes but liked your style.
  • Potm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Potm keyframe
    because i only know how to draw girls, and I am a girl, and I only play girl ranger hero (but not WR meep)

so ya, maybe later on if I ever become successful, I will try to do something different :D

and thanks for loving my style ^o^!
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kite212 polycounter lvl 15
    I would be interested in a potm set, you can add me on steam to discuss it more directly
  • cagdasx44
  • polarbear
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You have a great style! I'm pretty new to this place, too. Welcome! =)
    With your concepts I am sure will find someone to work with soon!

If you want to learn 3D modelling yourself, you should start with a single item. It can be any item since it probably won't be good enough to publish on your first run - experience speaking here.
    Have a look at this tutorial - I followed it and learned a lot! =)
  • Shock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    rly nice style. loved the brighter set. im excited to see the mount for ur set :)
  • belkun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    belkun polycounter lvl 7
    cagdasx44 wrote: »
    It is interesting that you only work with girl heroes but liked your style.

Well, Anuxi's work is like 95% for female heroes. I don't see a problem with that. If someone is more comfortable doing items for females (which I can guarantee is a bit harder than males), let them do it! :)

On the set, I'm loving your style! I'm personally a big fan of the first one, though I think that it could be a bit more blue instead of purple, but that's just my opinion.

Also, welcome to the gang! :D
  • cagdasx44
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    belkun wrote: »
    Well, Anuxi's work is like 95% for female heroes. I don't see a problem with that.
    I dont have any problems, ı just said interesting. Btw ı dont have any right to say anything because ı cant draw anything. I am sorry if you got this wrong way, I didnt mean to harsh.
  • Potm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Potm keyframe
    Thank you EVERYONE for the super possitive feedback, I am so happy :DDDD!

And I just came up with another set, just upload it, hope everyone likes it too?

I am not really good with mount and bow but i will try my best haha ^^
  • Spudnik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
    Welcome.

Out of the three, the first is probably the most workable. The 2nd one is way too frilly, generally female heroes in Dota have relatively functional armor, this concept seems like something you'd see in Final Fantasy or other JRPGs (applies to the mount too). Similarly, the 3rd concept is gonna be super boring from game cam because it's gonna be all cloth.

So far, the concepts seem a bit random, just throwing a lot at the screen and seeing what sticks. Dota 2's style is very well defined and you can read up on it here -> http://media.steampowered.com/apps/dota2/workshop/Dota2CharacterArtGuide.pdf
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vlad_the_implyer polycounter lvl 5
    Spudnik wrote: »
    So far, the concepts seem a bit random...
    Well, it says "Random Mount".
  • Spudnik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
  • Potm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Potm keyframe
    Spudnik wrote: »
    Welcome.

Out of the three, the first is probably the most workable. The 2nd one is way too frilly, generally female heroes in Dota have relatively functional armor, this concept seems like something you'd see in Final Fantasy or other JRPGs (applies to the mount too). Similarly, the 3rd concept is gonna be super boring from game cam because it's gonna be all cloth.

i will try to refine my design into more workable situation then ^-^! thanks a lot for your suggestion!
  • Potm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Potm keyframe
    Colour is there, I quite like it, but concept a bit too simple, will have to change it...blahhBYgFplk.png
  • Potm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Potm keyframe
    I like this concept personally but, don't know what 3D would end up look like blahK4dnOle.png
  • AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AndrewHelenek polycounter lvl 6
    Potm wrote: »
    I like this concept personally but, don't know what 3D would end up look like blahK4dnOle.png

Oh, I really like the idea of this set! :thumbup:
  • Potm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Potm keyframe
    Oh, I really like the idea of this set! :thumbup:

Thank you ^-^ if this set works i wanna make Lina one as well, the gift of snow and fire dragon i guess (is there any better name than that, dont wanna use the word "gift" anymore rofl xDDDD
  • Shock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    i rly like the first cm concept.. the one with the tails. the single parts are very good.
  • Potm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Potm keyframe
    some more sketching for the whole set
    obwRoX2.png
  • Sukotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto polycounter lvl 8
    The Dragon CM set is a really cool idea but you definitely run into some practical issues such as slot distribution. Maybe you could have the dragon twist around her neck and be the 'back' slot so its not tangled with her hair which would be the 'head' slot. It's a cool idea just needs a little more thought into the execution of the 3D model
  • Potm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Potm keyframe
    Sukotto wrote: »
    The Dragon CM set is a really cool idea but you definitely run into some practical issues such as slot distribution. Maybe you could have the dragon twist around her neck and be the 'back' slot so its not tangled with her hair which would be the 'head' slot. It's a cool idea just needs a little more thought into the execution of the 3D model

will do so! i was thinking if there is any chance to make a set that doesn't use all the slot xDDDDD
  • Potm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Potm keyframe
    Kunkka whale courier meep!
    lFJqtA0.jpg
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    also need consider, if some player got partial of your item set, it gonna be matching with other item / stock item too... so it won't be clipping on it
  • Potm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Potm keyframe
    agito666 wrote: »
    also need consider, if some player got partial of your item set, it gonna be matching with other item / stock item too... so it won't be clipping on it

thanks for your note, will try to fix it now >_<!
  • Potm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Potm keyframe
    Cut the tail in half to be the back...but..i dont like it Q______________Q OTZ
    need to refine a bit more to make it better QoQB0Rzn6K.png
  • MagnoHusein
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My thoughts about the Cm set is: you should go dragon, without the dragon head! I guess you can achieve more interesting results with just giving a clue about the dragon (like scales/wings/shapes.
  • Potm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Potm keyframe
    My thoughts about the Cm set is: you should go dragon, without the dragon head! I guess you can achieve more interesting results with just giving a clue about the dragon (like scales/wings/shapes.

thank you for your idea, i tried your idea and drew this, will try some more to add wings into it if possible!

7xF0gP4.png
  • Potm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Potm keyframe
    vvUuVdj.png
    some trial for the back, i think i like the second one anyway
  • Potm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Potm keyframe
    mirana hair idea, just really wanna create a pale grey white hair for her cause seems everyone loves this colour for her hair.
    piqzi32.png
    rlh8sSM.png
  • Snowstorm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowstorm polycounter lvl 5
    Just a heads up - the white hair looks awesome in the portrait, but makes her instantly unrecognisable at a glance in game. Especially when you're actually playing her, rather than just looking at her in a screenshot. The white makes her head silhouette disappear.

http://i.imgur.com/9PTytyk.jpg
  • Potm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Potm keyframe
    Snowstorm wrote: »
    Just a heads up - the white hair looks awesome in the portrait, but makes her instantly unrecognisable at a glance in game. Especially when you're actually playing her, rather than just looking at her in a screenshot. The white makes her head silhouette disappear.

http://i.imgur.com/9PTytyk.jpg

Ahhhh you are right D: I dont know how to make 3D so i can't do a test myself like that, thanks a lot for helping Dx

I just change the colour a bit because of that, hopefully it will work better?
    DXdIO0Z.png
  • Potm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Potm keyframe
    DP non set hair
    (If the hair position can actually show in her window, I wish to actually make the skull moving as well (like floating in the hair, with their mouth moving up and down) that may be interesting O: not sure with the colour yet but I wish to make it redish hmm

ps:the horn is made out of hair as well
    2UC3MyR.png
  • heboltz3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heboltz3 polycounter lvl 9
    Feels awful poison ivy to me. Not sure if good/bad.

I'd want these skulls to be animated and bouncing around biting and stuff, that would be sick.

I think you might be straying too far from the readable silhouette, and the color is an unexpected color for DP. This would probably cause issues with readability. I know DP's flame hair is a first glance tell, so shifting it too much might cause some confusion.
  • Potm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Potm keyframe
    heboltz3 wrote: »
    Feels awful poison ivy to me. Not sure if good/bad.

I'd want these skulls to be animated and bouncing around biting and stuff, that would be sick.

I think you might be straying too far from the readable silhouette, and the color is an unexpected color for DP. This would probably cause issues with readability. I know DP's flame hair is a first glance tell, so shifting it too much might cause some confusion.

Just note your suggestion and change the colour of her original hair colour but add some red tips instead. Hopefully this will actually work better?

ddTeIgo.png
  • Vextrakt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vextrakt polycounter lvl 6
    I think if you're going to go for something like that, maybe just do a single skull in the back of the head facing more towards the camera. Or you could go rogue t8 and put it on her forehead :>
  • Potm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Potm keyframe
    Vextrakt wrote: »
    I think if you're going to go for something like that, maybe just do a single skull in the back of the head facing more towards the camera. Or you could go rogue t8 and put it on her forehead :>

i will try your suggestion as well~ thank you :D
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    I like the direction a lot, just worried how well it would read in game, so make sure you zoom out and double check the shapes that you're going for still work for you!

Great call on the colored red tips on some of her front hair strands, really nice variation to it, it feels really good.
  • Potm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Potm keyframe
    bounchfx wrote: »
    I like the direction a lot, just worried how well it would read in game, so make sure you zoom out and double check the shapes that you're going for still work for you!

Great call on the colored red tips on some of her front hair strands, really nice variation to it, it feels really good.

Thank you so much for your reminder, I am not sure how it will turn out in game itself since I can't make any 3D model LOL just need someone to help me and make this real xDDD

but thank you so much for your support ^_^!!!!!!!!
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    About the in-game read : it's not so much about making a 3D model already, but more about considering the game view early in the design process. For instance you could simply grab a screenshot of the character from the game perspective and draw over that just to check how things are working from there, mostly to check how the smallest details are going to read.

Good luck !
  • Potm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Potm keyframe
    pior wrote: »
    About the in-game read : it's not so much about making a 3D model already, but more about considering the game view early in the design process. For instance you could simply grab a screenshot of the character from the game perspective and draw over that just to check how things are working from there, mostly to check how the smallest details are going to read.

Good luck !

i will totally try that and see how it looks :)! thank you for your suggestion!
  • Potm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Potm keyframe
    This is hopefully what it will look like, on the top view it wont show much of the skull but just the hair, while the window will show the full skull more

BHuHcJU.png
  • Potm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Potm keyframe
    Finish concept - Snow Dragon Bless
    I want to MAKE THIS REAL +O+
    heJTMVP.png
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finish concept - Snow Dragon Bless
    I want to MAKE THIS REAL +O+
    http://i.imgur.com/heJTMVP.png

sorry for interupt. personally i feel a little "bare" for CM... hmm maybe add fur fur thingy to fill in the emptiness might help.?
  • Potm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Potm keyframe
    agito666 wrote: »
    sorry for interupt. personally i feel a little "bare" for CM... hmm maybe add fur fur thingy to fill in the emptiness might help.?

will that look warmer? D:
    VpxYJDt.png
  • heboltz3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heboltz3 polycounter lvl 9
    Potm your name and girl concept thread make me chuckle. But in a good way!

I'd like to see your dragon set get modeled. I think it's unique and cool.

Sweet stufffffff
  • cottonwings
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes you're closer with the turtleneck-ish top. Position your dragon in a way that CM's deep V-neckline is covered will do the trick, giving the illusion of a complete turtleneck top. Good luck my dear!
  • Potm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Potm keyframe
    Yes you're closer with the turtleneck-ish top. Position your dragon in a way that CM's deep V-neckline is covered will do the trick, giving the illusion of a complete turtleneck top. Good luck my dear!

thanks a lot for your suggestion, but just wanna double check, if you actually means to put the dragon neck on cm's neck? O: thank you!
  • Artypi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Artypi polycounter lvl 5
    thanks a lot for your suggestion, but just wanna double check, if you actually means to put the dragon neck on cm's neck? O: thank you!

I think Cottonwings means like this
    74219124387935e37895c3413465c058.png

so that the dragon is hiding the purple v-neck of her default top, making the turtleneck look like the original part of the structure of her top.

I've been keeping an eye on your thread and i especially like your mirana designs. you have a lot of interesting ideas, keep going!
  • Potm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Potm keyframe
    Artypi wrote: »
    I think Cottonwings means like this
    74219124387935e37895c3413465c058.png

so that the dragon is hiding the purple v-neck of her default top, making the turtleneck look like the original part of the structure of her top.

I've been keeping an eye on your thread and i especially like your mirana designs. you have a lot of interesting ideas, keep going!

ohh ya i understand what u mean now, and ya i will cover that up! was thinking of cover it up as well but just too lazy to re-do the art again hahah xD

and thanks for loving my designs, now i feel better as if i have some fans mehahaha (laugh like a queen and get slap xDDDD
    thank you and thank you again though! (grab hands
  • Mild Mustard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Like your dragon staff concepts. What would it be like to mix the 3rd and 4th staff?
    The 3rd staff for the Staff base, Bottom to before the crystal. Mix the Dragon head and the crystal for the eyes?

Just a thought :) great work!