Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Comicon Challenge - choosing a character

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Texelion polycounter lvl 8
Hey guys !

So this year I'll try to do the comicon challenge, but, as usual, I can't choose what to do. Honestly, as far as I love comic books, I don't really like classic super heroes like Superman, Captain America or Spiderman, I find them ridiculous, with their flashy costumes and their underwear on top of their pants... I started reading comics years ago, like Witchblade, the Darkness and the like ( Top Cow and Dark Horse comics mostly ), and I always feel like they are not as popular as Marvel and DC. Of course I also love stuff like Spawn, Sam and Twitch, Deadpool and many others.

I've got several ideas so far :

Vampirella, Vampire Knight : for the "stand" theme of the challenge, I thought about creating a new Vampirella, with some badass vampire armor instead of the red bikini. I don't really like female characters wandering with almost nothing on them, but it should stay sexy AND badass.

Vampi : she's like a "manga" version of Vampirella, with a futuristic setting. And generally she wears nice tight outfits, but less revealing than Vampirella :

VAMPI.jpg

vampi10_21032003.jpg

The Crow, metal voodoo style : here the idea would be to mix the classical Crow design with voodoo magic elements, like if the hero would have been on a pilgrimage in a voodoo tribe, to better understand his powers and communicate with the spirits. ( "stand" theme )

Aphrodite IX : she is a cyborg, so I thought I could go for the "last" theme ( the character is almost dead and will do a last attack to kill his ennemy ), with broken mechanical parts, maybe hanging some big ass weapon, ready to fire her last powerful shot...

508800-aphrodite_glass.jpg

Medieval Witchblade : as I say I don't like almost naked characters, so I thought it could be cool to take the medieval witchblade look, and add some armor in the same style. Medieval Witchblade already exists, so I would just need to enhance her a bit.

I don't have a lot of idea for male characters. The Darkness would kick asses though, and I think I never saw him in the older challenges.

So, Watcha think ? My favorites ideas are Vampirella Knight and Aphrodite IX so far...

Replies