Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Sun Smasher

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
sun_smasher polycounter lvl 9
Well, to kick of 2014 I'm going to open up my own sketchbook over here and see what becomes of it. This will be primarily a 3d sketchbook. While I do make art professionally, I'm going to stick to posting personal pieces in this thread. So I think the first thing I'll post is the highlights of my art from last year. As always, if you think you have some good ideas on ways I can improve my art feel free to post that. I'm always looking for new ideas and ways to get better. So that is to say, comments are welcome!

August: A quick street cutout. Nothing too over the top, but a well needed change from the primarily organic and sci-fi elements I was making at work.

streetcutout_sm.jpg

November: A little French Cottage. I'm happy with how this guy turned out.

beautySM.jpg

December: Last but not least, my version of the ArenaNet Environment Art Test that I saw online a while ago. I love Guild Wars 2 and really wanted to do something akin to that style. I elaborated a bit on the original concept, turning mine into the Dragon's Breath Emporium, where you can purchase all your sky-fire needs!

beauty.jpg

While overall I like how my projects turned out last year, I know I need to catch up on some of the next gen ways of doing things. Starting fresh this year I intend on doing just that.

With that in mind, I'll end this post with the first project of the new year. Currently a WIP, meet Jellybean:

66m78

His concept hails from the legendary Creature Box. I chose to make him because I am in the process of learning the ins and outs of new texturing techniques and wanted just a simple project to get me started.

Replies