Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Crits Wanted on my work

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
programmer23 polycounter lvl 6
Ok, so I have been doing 3d for about 2 years, and now that I am getting a little more serious into it, I have started to dedicate more time to working with 3d and improving my skills.

Here are some of my most recent models.

A bust that is currently a WIP for a game character.

ziknwj.png

A destroyed building.

2qmg7md.png

And another bust.

mjpeso.jpg

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Pretty good start for the bust.

What IS the game character? Is it a soldier? A warrior? Chef?
  • dpadam450
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dpadam450 polycounter lvl 9
    busted building has decent geometry. The textures are too low res and repeated. Get a larger picture of some metal beams and have each beam map to a completely different part of the texture so that its not all the same.
  • programmer23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JadeEyePanda: Here is a really rough concept of what the final character is supposed to look like.

2yp0sxc.png

dpadam450:

I have actually been trying to find a better way of doing the textures on the building. What is the best way to do something like that?
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Regarding the character, I'm having a rough time understanding who that character is supposed to be. Is he wielding fire or energy? Is is something else entirely?
  • reedweinstock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    reedweinstock polycounter lvl 8
    you should do a Physx simulation with the building in UDK.
  • programmer23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JadeEyePanda, It is supposed to be some sort of energy, and would react the same, as in, producing light, being able to shoot it, etc.... The whole story behind the character is that this alien race decided that earth was their perfect planet,(cliched I know) and they released I virus to infect the population of earth, that would turn theme in to these mutated things that would terraform the planet for them.

the characters arm got infected but he cut it off before the infection was able to spread. he replaced it with this energy weapon prototype he built into a prosthetic arm. And now as one of the last surviving humans, you are the champion of the human race to try and take back the earth. Its kind of a generic story but it is not 100% set in stone.

Reedweinstock: How would I go about running that type of simulation in UDK. and also, would you be able to export the result, I want to have the final game done in unity.
  • programmer23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here is a low poly version of the bust with AO and normals, Diffuse map coming soon.

As always, I would love some crits on it.

20qwyx.png
  • programmer23
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The head with diffuse, bump, and spec maps in unity.

2irs0as.png