Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Iron Man Mark III

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Brygelsmack polycounter lvl 11
Hi all! I finally have some time over to post a thread of my Iron Man Mk III. It's pretty much finished, and I'm about to move on to another project, but I would still love to hear some feedback so I can improve for future projects. I spent 1.5 months on this effective time, but I have been tinkering with it on and off since summer.

It's not perfect, because despite being a very popular character there's not a lot of 100% accurate references out there, so I used what I had.

Thanks for any feedback and crits. I'll post more stuff tomorrow. Have a great new years everyone!

Maya, Mari 2.0, Photoshop, V-Ray.

bo3gJ2G.jpg

KFdHErc.jpg

Replies

• coresplendor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    coresplendor polycounter lvl 4
    I'm not an expert on iron man, but it looks good to me. But it would be nice to see the whole body and the wireframe too. Congratz!
  • Brygelsmack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks! Do you want to see wires of anything specific? The full body is just going to look really messy.

Yeah, here are some orthographic views of the full suit.

lo455p7.jpg
  • coresplendor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    coresplendor polycounter lvl 4
    That's a much better view.
    First of all, i just wanna say that it's not my intention to compare you work with another artist, but, for now, the best image that i could find for the mark III was this one.

http://imageshack.us/a/img29/4273/ftek.jpg

From what i can see, there's quite a bit tweaking that i would do, specially the waist and legs. I would also make the arms bigger, the width around the biceps area needs to be increased, things like that.

Anyway, a few tweaks that could really improve your model.

Keep up the good work!
  • Brygelsmack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, I'm very familiar with his work over at 3D Total, he has been of great help. That render was just posted a couple of days ago which means I haven't been able to use it on this project. I would definitely use that had I started modeling now. I know his suit is much more accurate, the difference is I did this over 1,5 months and he has been working on that suit for 3 years I think.

He also acquired high res orthographic scans of the original suit, which he was unwilling to share while I was in the modeling stage. I'm aware that his model is more accurate because he had more accurate references to work with. I used a bunch of fan art/early concepts unfortunately. In the end, this was just a school project (character assignment) I'm fairly happy with, not a 100% representation of the original Mark III (even though that would be cool it was never a realistic goal considering the time I had to make it).