Home Technical Talk

3ds Max mesh line problem

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
doeseph polycounter lvl 7
Hi guys,

I have been experiencing a problem lately that I can't seem to find a solution for, so I've come here to tech talk in hopes to find an answer.

As you can see below in the image, the lines of my mesh (edged faces) are being affected by what I can only assume is poor AA. It's almost as if the lines themselves are clipping with the mesh, causing them to either fade or flicker.

j2ai.jpg

Now, oddly, this only happens at certain zoom levels and resets back to clear mesh lines when I zoom in or out, but it's happening frequently enough that I believe it to be a setting issue rather than a hardware or software problem. I have the most recent driver for my 770GTX, and I have Nitrous (Direct3D 11.0 Feature Level 11 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770) as my current Display Driver, but I can't configure it to see if there are settings that might correct this issue.

Does anyone here have any idea what my problem might be?

Replies

• Mossbros
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mossbros polycounter lvl 9
    I really wish I could help, but it's something I've experienced and just learnt to accept.

It could have something to do with a majority of things.
    Graphic driver out of date.
    Using wrong Direct X within Max (Preferences,Graphic options)
    Anti-aliasing options for your card (Nvidia CP, Adjust with preview and or turn up aliasing for the specific program)

Other than that, not sure what could be causing it. Hopefully one of these helped you.
  • Memory
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Memory polycounter lvl 10
    Looks like a graphics card issue to me. I wouldn't know how to solve that, maybe update some drivers or keep up with the times (buy a new one?!)

Another thing to check is on your viewport->configure drivers, make sure anti-alias wireframes is off.

If that's off, then you're sure to get rock hard wires. Oh yeah.

Oh, and like MossBros said, check to make sure your gfx card settings are letting the individual programs (ie: 3dsmax) decide for themselves what to anti-alias--not doing some global settings override type garbage.