another character

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
rino polycounter lvl 11
here is a quick concept i did for the guy

mUNIBkO.png

here is where i am at in zbrush

MLju3gu.png

i am not sure about his pose, i am thinking i'll have some baking issues under armpits. should the arms be further apart?

also if anyone has any critiques so far? i am still in dynamesh soooooo

Replies

• Mossbros
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mossbros polycounter lvl 9
    Not a bad start, and yes the shoulders should be a bit broader but make the shoulder muscles less prominent.
  • Suba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Suba polycounter lvl 5
    Well I really like the concept. But for now, the sculpt doesn't look like the same character to me. In the concept, he looks like a heavy bad ass biker, he is buff, in the sculpt he looks like a tall and really skinny dude.
    The proportions of your legs looks odd too. can we have a profile shot?
  • Snader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snader polycounter lvl 15
    Agree with Suba. The sculpt looks really emaciated.

Also you don't necessarilly need to sculpt things like abs and knees for something like this, you just need to make the basemesh the right proportions so you can layer your clothing meshes (I'm assuming that was your workflow planning? first making a body and then overlaying more meshes for clothes?) on it. All you really need to sculpt (of the body) here are the hands/lower arms and the head/neck.
  • rino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rino polycounter lvl 11
    got it, mossbros.

suba, i am not really following the concept 100 percent, it's just there for the clothes, to see what goes where. i tried getting the dude a bit buff..

BCpbSsQ.pnglGyKCxj.png

hands are wip still.

snader, yeah i know i only need proportions right. but if i am doing the guy, i'll go all the way, i am practicing anatomy also. so yeah.

again thanks a lot guys.
  • rino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rino polycounter lvl 11
    here is another update on the body, trying to break away from 1% bodyfat.

6HnuFyR.png

any crits would be awesome
  • dpadam450
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dpadam450 polycounter lvl 9
    I think his torso may be too big for his head/arms/legs. Try referencing another photo in this position or take a selfie. I can't 100% pinpoint but to me its the torso.

Also the back view of the arm pit with the back muscles looks strange. I think its because of the area right next to the side-abs below the armpit is way too big. It looks like a bone exists that shouldn't. (From front view. guys left hip on up to armpit. The outward curve is as you go up the side doesnt look normal.)
  • dpadam450
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    For reference: Head vs breast size I think is off. Your head should be bigger I feel. Notice how much more round the armpit area is where you have this bulged muscle.

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/18800000/Abercrombie-Fitch-abercrombie-and-fitch-18810184-1280-1024.jpg
  • rino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rino polycounter lvl 11
    thanks a lot for that, dpadam450.

yeah i shortened his arms and legs a bit, made his head little bigger. still doesn't feel right.

7Zx9Gwx.png

added underwear to get better feeling, still not sure..
  • AgelosAp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AgelosAp polycounter
    the area above the knee looks really old right now, don't know if that's your intention, from his face I 'd say he is around 55 or so but the knee is almost dead :P
    other than that if you are going for 100% realistic proportions I think you have a little thick arms and calves
  • PyrZern
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PyrZern polycounter lvl 12
    I think the knees are side-effect from shortening the length ;P

Are his forearms too short and arms too long ?
  • rino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rino polycounter lvl 11
    S8j0uCS.gif

working with mouse, underrated. i'm almost there, i think?
  • dpadam450
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ham-strings are way too fat. I would just smooth blend the whole knee area, knees can look weird when the leg is at a stand pose, but it seems way too blobby and defined. The upper leg meeting the knee is crazy as well. Its like somehow he works out the muscle 2 inches above the knee cap. Its huge. and looks kinda saggy too. Still need to take the underarm and fix it:

Another reference the middle point to the armpit curves towards the head. Yours the mid-point is curving away from the head instead of coming back towards it. It also seems that muscle should be smoothed in with the side abs a bit more instead of its own high density muscle like an ab/pec muscle pops out.
    http://www.manhuntdaily.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/2/files/Joe-Manganiello-shirtless-Mens-Health-2013-spread-6.jpg