Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio review plz!

polycounter lvl 12

Replies

• Avvi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Avvi polycounter lvl 3
    Nice stuff. Not much, but consistent - that's good.

How come you forgot any conact details? O_o

Some wires or at least technical details - polycount, total size of textures used - are necessary.

(I don't like the grain on the skybox in the floating island artwork. It says insolently: "Blurring this noise would waste 5 precious minutes of my life")
  • Rockley Bonner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rockley Bonner polycounter lvl 12
    Thanks man! Im not available for work at the moment, im military. OK, Ive got some maps and wires fro some of the stuff. Ill separate them into different posts. Lol, I made the grain on purpose, I believe I still have the PSD file still.
  • kmactastic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kmactastic polycounter lvl 8
    Quality Stuff! Looks like your posts are not all centered when they loaded,some in the middle some on the left. If you want to get rid of the Awesome Inc blogger stuff you should be able to go to the attribution section in the html and put in:
    #Attribution1 {display: none;} That worked for me (:
  • ikarus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ikarus polycounter lvl 10
    hah ! your ship is better than karanak's concept AND the ingame model. gj keep it up.
  • Shrike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shrike interpolator
    The blogspot format makes it look rather cheap. "Rjbonner 2d+3d" with some generic webfont, and thats all there is ?
    Then you use 3-4 different kinds of presentation for your images, which are not even consistent to themselves, and all 4 versions are not really good. keep it consistent.

Its also totally bugged on my browser.
    Opera and Chrome display your images very odd off center and in strange resolutions.

Your assets look fine, post process is really strong however, your knight almost looks like she belongs to the spaceship with all that similar blur and glow and outlines. Just get on pumping out more

To be perfectly honest, It feels a little insulting to me, putting 4 pics on a 5min setup blog, and people should review that for you.
    You don't even write something properly in your thread. Why would we care if you do not even care yourself.

Check out some 3d artist portfolios and invest some actual time, that is all. Scrap this blog and set up a real portfolio site, it will look better, be easier to manage, and look more professional.

Here is a good resource if you want to setup a page yourself

http://abduzeedo.com/best-web-builders-designers-without-development-experience

But id really reccommend sites like squarespace , carbonmade etc, theyre easy and look good without effort
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    RJ! If you want some pointers on wrangling down blogspot to a better format, I can try to help! Couple of HTML / CSS additions need to be made, but I think that's about it.
  • Rockley Bonner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rockley Bonner polycounter lvl 12
    Shrike wrote: »
    The blogspot format makes it look rather cheap. "Rjbonner 2d+3d" with some generic webfont, and thats all there is ?
    Then you use 3-4 different kinds of presentation for your images, which are not even consistent to themselves, and all 4 versions are not really good. keep it consistent.

Its also totally bugged on my browser.
    Opera and Chrome display your images very odd off center and in strange resolutions.

Your assets look fine, post process is really strong however, your knight almost looks like she belongs to the spaceship with all that similar blur and glow and outlines. Just get on pumping out more

To be perfectly honest, It feels a little insulting to me, putting 4 pics on a 5min setup blog, and people should review that for you.
    You don't even write something properly in your thread. Why would we care if you do not even care yourself.

Check out some 3d artist portfolios and invest some actual time, that is all. Scrap this blog and set up a real portfolio site, it will look better, be easier to manage, and look more professional.

Here is a good resource if you want to setup a page yourself

http://abduzeedo.com/best-web-builders-designers-without-development-experience

But id really reccommend sites like squarespace , carbonmade etc, theyre easy and look good without effort

Yeah, it was realy fast, Ill look into that. Thanks for being honest!
    ikarus wrote: »
    hah ! your ship is better than karanak's concept AND the ingame model. gj keep it up.

Thanks man!
    kmactastic wrote: »
    Quality Stuff! Looks like your posts are not all centered when they loaded,some in the middle some on the left. If you want to get rid of the Awesome Inc blogger stuff you should be able to go to the attribution section in the html and put in:
    #Attribution1 {display: none;} That worked for me (:

Ok, ill look into it after work today.

RJ! If you want some pointers on wrangling down blogspot to a better format, I can try to help! Couple of HTML / CSS additions need to be made, but I think that's about it.

ok, After work ill look into it today!
  • Cglewis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cglewis polycounter lvl 12
    After looking at your website i am left with a few questions:

What tools did you use?
    What do you want to do? hard surface, Characters?

Also why is there two renders of the space ship?

Id say the piece that really sticks out to me is your island but you only have one image of that. you need to put other angles as well as art break downs for your pieces.

The ship is a really cool piece but i dont feel your showing it off right, it could be cool but the presetation feels very blown out and cartoonish.

and no matter what you need to put your contact details up, doesn't matter if you are not available for work.

I hope this helps man, keep at it