Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio Feedback.

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
fatihG_ polycounter lvl 14
Hey Guys,

So I am doing another round of applying everywhere.

Figured I'd check in with you guys to see what you thought of my portfolio website.
Since the area I am at mostly has small studios I figured I'd try to show as much of my skills as possible.
I have set up my site, so that when I go for a specific role, I can just link to http://chr.fagurd.com for example for characters.
That being said, I am not focussing on my current location per se. I wouldn't mind relocating at all. =]

I have some WIP stuff I rather not have on there, but it is included purely to show I am able to work in multiple styles and what not.

I am also planning on making new renders of the characters, probably using Marmoset.

Anyway my website is http://www.fagurd.com

I would love to hear some feedback!

Replies

• tynew
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tynew polycounter lvl 9
    Nice site man, great layout, good colors. The only thing I can comment on is you really need anti-aliasing on those presentation shots! Should look good in Marmo :)
  • fatihG_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Haha yeah!

Yup once I have Marmo Installed, I'll have a play with it. Hope it doesnt hate my ATI card though =[
  • gunawanzx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    website just friends .. I guess if its wireframe display more attractive .. sorry this is just my opinion
  • fatihG_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yes! Let us be friends! =]

I'm guessing you think it'd be better if I showed some breakdowns as well?
  • fatihG_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright, so I am setting things up so I can start to rerender most of the stuff on the "character" page.

Had a few questions related to the page itself and how to go about linking stuff.
    I am planning on adding breakdowns and what not and was wondering what is prefered more.
    Is it better to open new images in a new window/tab or just have it open in the current window/tab.

I myself middle mouse click most of the stuff in Firefox, so it opens new things in a new tab. But my own preference might, and probably will, not be the same as the majority out there.

So TL;DR, Open new stuff in a new tab/window or in the same window?
  • DWalker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'd use the same window; I really hate having new tabs popping up when I'm navigating a single site.