Home General Discussion

Bachelor Thesis

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Francois_K interpolator
So I have to have a bachelor thesis with the goal , title and actual thesis.

I'm stuck though , I want to do something game character relevent and since my study is Game Art and Animation I'll have to do something game relevant anyway.

I thought about two different topics such as : An analysis of what makes a great game character story and design wise taking Ellie and Joel from the Last of us as the examples.

The second topic wasn't game character related but it was trying to find out a trend between AAA games and how there is potentially more focus on graphics than story.

I think the second one is complete bollocks and purely speculative but we're supposed to generate new knowledge.

Does anyone have input or suggestions on what to change?

Replies

• ExcessiveZero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ExcessiveZero polycounter lvl 6
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWbr5z1Uu_U"]Charlie Brooker's How Videogames Changed the World - YouTube[/ame]

I think this could actually help a bit with the 2nd one and is rather all entertaining, so worth watching, should give you some varied scope as well.
  • Decoyz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arent thesises for bfa usually geared towards just gathering data to support your personal projects concept?
    it seems those 2 you listed are more like supporting details.
    mfa has more emphasis included with the thesis paper and ton of research.
    but bfa is less emphasis on the paper and more focus on making the project
  • Francois_K
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Francois_K interpolator
    Well for us we have to find a topic , specify it , gather data and then generate our own knowledge. The Gathering data part is only a small portion of our the bachelor.

Thanks ExsessiveZero I looked a few videos since the video you linked is blocked here :( But I want to step away from my second alpha-version-thesis and step more towards something with Game Characters