Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

EathOuterRimStation

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
ZombieWells polycounter lvl 12
So I started up an new environment project today. Its going to be a remote outer rim base just outside of Earth's orbit. It should all be pretty heavy Sci-fi stuff. The Earth is fully dynamic, and shows day/night as it moves around the sun... just needs some tweaks, and some clouds. For tomorrow I'll be working on all the HS stuff for the station, should be fun!

Earth.jpg

Replies

• Suba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Suba polycounter lvl 5
    Damn that's gonna be amazing. :)
  • DWalker
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The terrain in the night side of the earth should be much darker. Take a look at the images on NASA's website:
    city_lights_africa.jpg
    ISS030-E-106096_720.jpg
  • ZombieWells
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZombieWells polycounter lvl 12
    DWalker- The NASA image above isn't actually darker... just more blue. Still, I understand your point; but in many cases it's better to go lighter or exaggerate features, (even if its not completely real) because its infinitely more interesting in the end. In reality, all you would see are the spiderweb networks of lights, and big black gaps where you would only assume clouds would be... not so much the landmass. kind of like this pic... Also the same reason most people don't look outside a plane window at night; unless your over New York City or something, then its freaken cool.

night-time-images-of-earth-from-ISS_Europe-600x311.jpg