Home Technical Talk

modo uv to zbrush

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Revel interpolator
Does anyone know why my uv from modo goz to zbrush and bake down come out as this? Seems like it's break on each face, any setting that I had to check from modo before bring it back to zbrush?

cT8gIM2.jpg

Replies

• Bartalon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bartalon polycounter lvl 12
    ZBrush ignores smoothing groups as far as I know. You should toggle SNormals in the Normal Map sub-palette. SmoothUV may also change your results.
  • Revel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Revel interpolator
    I'm sorry man but I've tried the 2 option on multi map exporter on zbrush but still producing the same problem. Interesting enough that at first I thought it's a vertex normal problem but then when I bake polypaint I got this;

fScwT14.jpg

And it seems that the direction of each face on the uv is actually rotated (see the forehead hair line, its all facing sideway locally). But in modo it's all fine when I chek the uv it's all sync between the uv and d 3d model :(
    fScwT14.jpg
  • Revel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Revel interpolator
    Ok guys finally I sorted it out and yes like what Bartalon said SNormal is needed in order to properly bake the normal map. But got 1 more thing that you HAVE to make sure you didn't do in modo is that use the mesh clean up, cus somehow it will messed up your vertex order/ poly order or whatever when you bring back the mesh to zbrush. Without that everything works fine~
  • Bartalon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bartalon polycounter lvl 12