Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

What do you guys think of this environment?

poopsterspappy
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
poopsterspappy polycounter lvl 7
Still have a ways to go but :

Aliens have invaded the southwest, pitting Indians vs Cowboys in a game of intergalactic chess for their amusement(God complex). Both classes are being genetically modified into bio-mechanical versions of their former selves. The intent of this scene is to illustrate how the Aliens are a mining fuel to power the machinery that will turn the cowboys and indians into cyborg chess pieces . This is my first piece in a project consiting of environments, characters,creatures, vehicles, and weapons.

Replies

• leleuxart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leleuxart polycounter lvl 10
    I think without the description, it's difficult to tell what's going on. Even then, the tiny details that really define the surfaces are missing. I'd work on refining the larger shapes and introducing more colors. Try to get the description into the actual painting itself.
  • poopsterspappy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    poopsterspappy polycounter lvl 7
    Thank you leleuxart, I took what you said and tried to implement your advice, is this better?

n8Kf7Yu.jpg

BTW. Really like the bakes you got in your water refinery project. I was pursuing environment art for a while it's just way too involved for my brain...LOL