Home Royalties or Post-Launch Compensation Work

[Shared Profits] Looking for 3D artist (Free Car Racing MMO)

Hello, we are a team of 5 people right now, working on Free Car Racing MMO.

As a side project, to raise funds for our main project, we are also working on making few small Mobile (iOS, Android) racing games, in different categories. (racing, parking, truck delivery, multiplayer, etc.) We are currently 2-3 weeks away from releasing our first mobile racing game.

What do we need?
  • We are searching for additional C# programmer. What you will do depends on your skills and interests. For example, anything from tweaking physics, to making new game modes, to making multiplayer integration, etc...
  • We are also searching for additional 3D artist to make car models and environment props. That mainly includes making of low & medium & high poly 3D cars and body parts but from time to time also few props such as lamp posts, gates, fences, basically scenery for tracks. It is a plus if you can do texturing too.
  • We are also searching for 2D artist or illustrator, to make GUI, and promotional pictures (for example for appstore and play market) and menu backgrounds.

Who is on team:

3x Programmers (all from US)
1x 3D artist (from Nepal)
Me (from Slovenia) - (project manager & game designer & a bit of 3D modeler & website designer & recruiter & community manager)

Link to older webplayer PC demo where you can see the game.
Screenshot of main project on PC.
TGdwIks.jpg

Link to older webplayer PC demo where you can see the game.

Screenshot of Mobile game. (colors are a bit off, due to taking photo of phone)
vctjzsn.jpg
  • This is a profit-sharing project and has potential to do quite well in the market. (there will be in-game shop)
  • This is longterm project, since its a MMO. We will be supporting it for a long time after it is released. So if it is successful we will have jobs for a long time.
  • A Kickstarter is planned after some time when there is a bit to show, as well as a Steam Greenlight.
  • There are regular weekly team meetings on Google Hangouts, and also we have group conversation on Skype
  • I do not ask you to work on this project 8 hours a day, i know you guys go to jobs, or have college... but I expect some level of commitment and 15+ hours weekly.
  • We use Unity3D engine, and for uLink multiplayer library. We use bitbucket.org for version control.
  • "Bizilux Games" company will be established once we gather some funds, and contracts will be written and signed.
Contact me at:
-or-
Send an Email: bizilux@gmail.com

Main project description

Few years ago, I used to play racing game called Project Torque. I loved it and played it nonstop, but then it was shut down because of some licencing problems between developers and publisher.
That game was Free to play car racing MMO. There were 10 Tiers of cars, lower tier cars were slow and cheap, and then the higher you went, the better the cars were. And ofcourse they were more expensive. On each car you could upgrade components (suspension, tires, engine, etc..) and also install new body kits, change rims, paint car, put on decals, etc...

You did this with in-game money that you got from winning races or participating in them. You could ofcourse speed the process and buy virtual money for real money, or buy items such as 2x cash per race or 2x XP per race.

There was also leveling system in game, so that you needed certain level in order to buy new cars or upgrade components.

There were few different game modes, such as: Race, Sprint, Capture the flag, Sumo, Drift... My game will have a bit more game modes, such as Demolition Derby, Infected, Bank Heist, Cops vs Robbers and few others... and all of this will be multiplayer, so that means lots of fun!
So as you can imagine i want to make similar game as Project Torque was, but with better game engine(Unity3D), which means everything will be better And also a lot better than NFS world is. lol... :)

I plan on having all players from the same region (EU or USA) on 1 server, and the idea is that there would be 1 huge city where there would be all players inside, who are not racing at that time. So players could just hang out and chat, drive around, do some interesting stuff like being taxi driver?, etc... so MMO part of the title comes from this. Basically all players would be at same location and could talk to eachother, and when they wanted to race, they would open server browser and either create room, or join one. So in a sense it would be an open-world game where you could drive around and show everyone your car.

Replies