Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Tywin Lannister

gloriousczar
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
gloriousczar polycounter lvl 6
Hey guys, I just finished a one year program at BCIT, and finally got my website up, so I am going to try and post here more often. Here's my first full character that I've fully textured, modelled and sculpted. The likeness could be improved (definitely not as good as Adam Fisher's bust) but I need to move on. Crits welcome, I'll keep them in mind on my next piece.

tywinFullBody.jpg?format=1000w

tywinHead.jpg?format=1000w

tywinTorso.jpg?format=1000w

tywinShoulder.jpg?format=1000w

tywinMid.jpg?format=1000w

tywinLegs.jpg?format=1000w

Replies

• StevenZer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StevenZer polycounter lvl 4
    Amazing work! It's one of my favorite characters in Game of thrones.
  • LMP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LMP polycounter lvl 13
    Overall, nice. The leather looks great. The metal is a little too soft on the spec, feels slightly plastic. Skin fells a little plastic. Hair feels alright, but beard needs a little more.
  • dazzerfong
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Holy Christ that is good. I would kill to learn how you did those lion sculpts.

Only thing I could recommend is tightening up those straps: they look a bit loose.
  • gloriousczar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StevenZer - Thanks!

LMP - Thanks for the crits, what do you mean when you say the metal is soft on the spec? And yea I struggled with the skin shader, I was working on it until the last minute but I had to hand it in.

dazzerfong - For the lion sculpts, I modelled the shoulder and chest plate pieces, then I used zSketch to rough in the shaped of the lions. I used adaptive skin, dynamesh and clay polish to smooth out the pieces then clay buildup, pinch and hPolish mostly to refine them. And for the mane pieces I used damStandard and Inflate. For the elbow lions, I made two duplicated of the lion that is on the chest, then I positioned and bent them using transpose and matchmaker and dynameshed them together and cleaned it up. If you have any other questions let me know.

Thanks for pointing out the straps, I never noticed that before.
  • gloriousczar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh and I used clip curves and stuff to tighten up the edges of the lion pieces.
  • dazzerfong
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You make it sound so damn easy.........:)

Anyway, no problems. Least I could do in the awesomeness of this model. Anything coming up?
  • gloriousczar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I could try to make a video or something to show you how I did it if you want. I'm definitely a visual learner so maybe just seeing it in action might be easier than reading about it.

Yea, I took a bit of a break but I'm working on a female aviator next, I'll prob post to WAYWO once it's further along.
  • dazzerfong
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Many thanks for the offer, but only if you have free time. At best, I'm a hobbyist in this area: at worst, I'm a hindrance. Nevertheless, looking forward to your next stuff!