Home General Discussion

Seeking lecturers for CalArts

Hi there folks, I'm a student of Character Animation at CalArts, and I'm on a mission from God.

I'm attempting to increase the school's degree of interest in the video game side of the entertainment industry. What I'm looking for now are people who work in the Los Angeles area who would be willing and able to travel to the CalArts campus to give a talk about your experience within the industry. Maybe excite some people to pursue gaming as a career. Anyone who's got enough industry experience to talk about it is welcome. If you feel like someone else in your company would be better suited to give a talk, that's cool too, I'm just looking for some contact info to get some gaming knowledge bestowed upon the brains of all our bright, young students.

So if you work for any of the local area game studios, post a reply or send me a message and I'll put you in touch with the nice lady who runs our guest lecture series. There are a lot of students here that would love to get into games, but who just don't know where to begin. Please note that this will not be something that will be happening immediately. You will have PLENTY of time to plan the talk.

And I know this is probably a little unorthodox, but I hope you'll bear with me here. I'm just really trying to get a little more representation for the industry I'm looking forward to joining very soon.