Home General Discussion

Clara.io 3D Editor Online

Nauh
polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Nauh polycounter lvl 12
Just wanted to share this as I didn't saw anything about it here in the forums.

FXGuide article about Clara.io

Clara.io

It's in open beta now and they seem to be taking good response on user input on their forums.

Replies

• Dataday
    Offline / Send Message
    Dataday polycounter lvl 8
    I was in the closed beta for that, and while i havent followed up on any improvements made to it... my impression is that it seemed like a novel concept but based on experience far from usable.

Autodesk just announced that they have maya and max running from a browser too, so its kind of unfortunate for clara.io. I wish them the best, but I cant work with such limited and awkward software. The results dont look good, and its frustrating to use if you are used to more polished software packages (even blender).
  • bhouston
    Hey Dataday,

You should try Clara.io again, I think that you tried it during the first week of the closed beta and was pretty rough back then. We've more than tripled our code base since August 2013 and added more than 2000 features or fixes. The closed beta was closed because we knew it was rough.

Running Maya or 3DS Max via desktop streaming is incredibly costly - you have to rent a machine on the cloud or at least a significant part of one. Remember that Clara.io is for the most part free.

Here is what is possible using Clara.io these days:

1. Here is a model that you can load in our embeddable player (click here to view it in 3D):

ClaraIO_F1Ferrari.jpg

2. I rendered this using V-Ray and Clara.io:

ClaraIO_CokeCan.jpg

This is a model in the editor viewport:

Tricycle.png

Here is a Buddha model rendered with sub surface scattering (although it is our older UI look and feel):

JadeBuddha.png

And lastly, here is our more recently UI look and feel with a STL file I imported, lit and animated:

ClaraIO_HenrySegerman_STL.png

Best regards,
    Ben Houston