Home Dota 2

Help with technical aspect of making a courier

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
PurpleAvatar polycounter lvl 7
Hey Guys,

So I have been working on a courier for about 2 weeks. I am ready to rig and do some in game tests.

I am not very good with technical things, I was hoping that someone could (explain like I am five) how to deal with
1) Bone attachments
2) QC
3) Hitboxes

I just can't seem to find a guide for making couriers

Thank you for your time!

Replies

• AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AndrewHelenek polycounter lvl 6
    Mong wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

So I have been working on a courier for about 2 weeks. I am ready to rig and do some in game tests.

I am not very good with technical things, I was hoping that someone could (explain like I am five) how to deal with
    1) Bone attachments
    2) QC
    3) Hitboxes

I just can't seem to find a guide for making couriers

Thank you for your time!

Cause there are none anymore, all of that is dealth with the importer. Your issue is because the name if your hit bone isn't called "attach_hitloc". The hit box attachment point is derived from the name of a bone in the rig that you specify. Same goes for the eyes.
  • PurpleAvatar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi thank you for replying!

Ok so I go into maya, select a joint and name it "attach_hitloc" (without quotes). Then selected the mesh and exported it an fbx.

I name it Name_Ground
    then add the flying items to it and export another with Name_Flying
    finally I selected the bones and mesh and exported out some test animations.

I plugged it all in to dota test (workshop submission) but I still got the same error

Not sure what I am doing wrong
  • Sjabba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey! your bones should be parented to something else the export will kick it out have you checked that?
  • PurpleAvatar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Sjabba,

Sure I will try that, but what exactly would I parent it to?