Home Dota 2

Ward Animation/Skinning Problems

Hey guys, Sorry im not sure if this is the right place to put this thread but I've been have some skinning issues with a little ward peice I've been doing. The source engine doesn't seem to like what I've done with the animation or something.
Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong here?
I've just used the normal uploader in the workshop area, I used the ward skeleton as a base and added new bones, do the bones have to be named something specific/ oriented in a certain way?

Heres some gifs of the issue in game:

lj5zwsO.gif

and what it looks like in maya:

SC7tDK2.gif

I'm using maya 2013, exporting to fbx

Thanks a lot!

Replies

• AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AndrewHelenek polycounter lvl 6
    naturon wrote: »
    I've just used the normal uploader in the workshop area, I used the ward skeleton as a base and added new bones, do the bones have to be named something specific/ oriented in a certain way?

Even though it shouldn't be a problem, it could be. You really don't have much to go off of. Names or anything like that arent an issue, until you import into dota. Considering the default rig doesnt many bones you arent really saving yourself time either. It looks like the scale is fine as well. Build a new rig from scratch, that alone might be enough to fix your problem.
  • naturon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Andrew, Thanks for that

I tried a quick test of creating a new skeleton from scratch, skinning and doing some quick animations and I'm getting the same result :(

Any other ideas? I can;t think of much else to try at this point, gah source!
  • Archanex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Archanex polycounter lvl 18
    How are you exporting your rig? It's super important that you strip out absolutely EVERY_THING that is not in the joint hierarchy, the geometry, or the skinning information
  • naturon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'd been exporting using the Maya 2013.3 FBX, Export All ... Just tried optimizing the scene, Selecting only my mesh and bones and exporting selection, also tried FBX exporter 2009.
    Still the same results :/