Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Gwendolyn - OdinSphere

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
SladeDigital polycounter lvl 4
____slade-digital-gwendolyn-render-beta.jpg?1405211328
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

(OLD )
It's been a while since i ever posted anything here in the forums.
When i first posted something here, it back in march , a character, May from Guilty Gear, , Sadly it had been about 1 week only since i first got intruduced to Zbrush, so i was still trying to learn and get as much information as i could.

Anyways it has been a long time, so i decided it was time to show my work again and all that i learned.

Here's Gwendolyn From Odin Sphere. There's still details to be added, and stuff to be redone. such as the crown and such.

Critics / Oppinions are more then welcome! thank you

gwendolyn___odinsphere_sculpt_polypainting_by_sladedigital-d6s5hr8.png

Replies

• jksl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jksl polycounter lvl 4
    she's so pretty :D
  • warby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    warby polycounter lvl 18
    image is broken for me
  • SladeDigital
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Got arround and re-uploaded the picture somewhere, hopefully no one will have any trouble seing it! thank you for the heads up
    @jksl Thank you for such a comment!
  • SladeDigital
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quick Update,
    i've been doing this project since the beginning of October.
    First when i picked up this project i wasn't expecting it to turn out the way it's, i've been gathering so much aknowldge about Zbrush, and new ways of workig on it, and that's what i wanna show you. A fast preview of the overall changes from Day 1 - to the present day
    There's still a long way ahead when it comes to this project, but everything seems to be flowing so nicely.

Leave your critics and oppinions! i will be more then pleased to read them!

Thank you

output_z023e6.gif

Stand Still
    nxbhu2r.png
  • silkroadgame
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Very impressing character so far,I suggest you to do more on her hair.
    Then this work would be better.
  • Suba
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Suba polycounter lvl 5
    She is beautiful.

But watch out for the the symmetric folds.
  • Geminas0wng
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wonderful work! Its always nice to see how a project evolves over time.
  • SladeDigital
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    "had posted last night , a picture along side with information, but later on realized it was a mistake, as there wore several things needing to be fixed / tewaked, I'm sorry for this post."

Hope you can understand. i will eventually re-update today
  • SladeDigital
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    After looking at my work once again with a different approach ,
    There semt alot of stuff out of place. I ended up refixing her body anatomy, and her overall size, her arms got smaller. they looked so huge in my previous Wips

Hair

yeah i really decided to go with this one, i wasn't really liking the way it was coming along,so i decided to aproach her hair the way she had it, when she was trapped in that tower of Oswald,

can't wait to finish this piece and start ,baking the textures and the low poly model! really putting all my effort into this work, specially after only 7 months of using Zbrush, it's been such a long path of overall improvement and aknowldge
    let's fire towards the stars

Oppinions and Criticism are more then welcome! and free cookies will be delivered. but only fake ones!

thank you a bunch for all the support

gwendolyn_showcase_by_sladedigital-d6tct1p.png
  • Tits
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Just dropping by to tell you this looks great! Can't wait to see more :)!
  • praetus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    praetus interpolator
    this is fantastic. I really love the changes you've made in your mesh thus far.
  • SladeDigital
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Tits Thank you for your comment, hopefull everything will keep on going smoothly !!

@praetus It's been so much overall improvement since day 1 - current day. I'm really gld that i've managed to make it this far. Thank you for your comment aswell!!
  • Lavitz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lavitz polycounter lvl 12
    Yeah this is coming out great!
    The difference between the old and new are amazing.
    Keep up the great work.
  • SladeDigital
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Lavitz Thank you so much. i really tried to spend most of my time appreciating other people art and trying to find out my mistakes and how i could bring a character to life and do the best i could with what i know so far so good!

Question time!

i'm near finishing the High Poly model. but i'm really fearing the next step, wich will be creating a low poly and baking the uvs. but i've no idea how to do a right aproach, i've never really Unwrapped anything, and neither i know how many Uvs/textures should be in a charater model and how i should devide them

Should i merge all subtools and Creat one big retopolgy

should i try to do in groups. like, Legs and all the armors,

Should i do every piece individually ?

I really don't know wich is the best approach for this part, trying to do a Game Ready Character is getting kind hard again. and i'm really fearing and having doubts about my self.

Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

Thank you!
  • jksl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jksl polycounter lvl 4
    I'm not to sure on that but it seems that groups would be the way to go from what i've seen anyways
  • stevston89
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stevston89 interpolator
    Hai Phan has a great tutorial series on Cgcircuit about making character art. I believe this one goes over UVs and Topology. They are pay lessons, but they are only $7 a piece. If you want free stuff the polycount wiki has great resources on retopology and topology in general. Other than that it's really about how you like to do it. You can break it down into as many pieces as you want, just be mindful of your poly budget as breaking it down tends to lead to higher tri counts. Also makes sure to plan out where you want your seams and build you topology to support your seam placement. Keep up the good work.
  • SladeDigital
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gonna post it here aswell

After so many time i went arround and redid this whole project!
    hope you all like it

it's still WIP

Gwendolyn from Odin Sphere *based on my own style*
    Everything you see has been made in 3D NOTHING has been added with Photoshop * Wires will be on my page *
    Not Fully Finished yet, theres things to sort out such as
    The hand on her Left holding the Staff
    The Cloth on her back needs to be fixed
    Few Pose Corrections
    -
    The Character has 47k Polys
    and uses 5 Individual Uv's
    -
    My page can be found at
    http://facebook.com/SladeDigital ( The page )
    Wires will be posted in there Shortly.

slade-digital-gwendolyn-render-beta.jpg?1405211328