Home Unity Store

[Release] Winter shaders

fire67
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
fire67 polycounter lvl 8
title-png.126000

The Winter Suite gives you the keys for high quality rendering of your winter or cold environment. Currently used by published and in production games, the Winter Suite is composed by multiple products such as snow materials with advanced and dynamic properties and a frost camera effect.​

Version: 2.0.1
Demo: Demo 1, Demo 2
Documentation: User Manual

For more information you can visit the Unity forum thread.
Unity: Forum Thread

To support us, don't forget to rate the package and post reviews.

You can also follow Blackfire Studio on Twitter or Facebook and if you have ideas, suggestions or comments, don't hesitate to write me a line at : contact@blackfire-studio.com

Replies

• Bonkahe
    Offline / Send Message
    Bonkahe polycounter lvl 7
    I'm not gonna lie, not as a game, or a story or anything, just around this time of year, this is just plain awesome in every way.
  • fire67
    Offline / Send Message
    fire67 polycounter lvl 8
    Bonkahe wrote: »
    I'm not gonna lie, not as a game, or a story or anything, just around this time of year, this is just plain awesome in every way.
    Thanks a lot ! For the moment I am working on a blending feature.
  • Joopson
    Online / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    Looks really really beautiful. Adding the music makes it even better, haha. I was in a state of paralyzed nostalgia for a minute, remembering all my Christmases and Snow-days.
    Can't wait to see the vector blending!
  • fire67
    Offline / Send Message
    fire67 polycounter lvl 8
    Joopson wrote: »
    Looks really really beautiful. Adding the music makes it even better, haha. I was in a state of paralyzed nostalgia for a minute, remembering all my Christmases and Snow-days.
    Can't wait to see the vector blending!

Thanks, I really like that soundtrack and it fits well with a snowy scene that's why I included it. :)
  • Vailias
    Offline / Send Message
    Vailias polycounter lvl 18
    The internal lighting is a very very nice touch. :)
  • fire67
    Offline / Send Message
    fire67 polycounter lvl 8
    Hello everyone !

As suggested, here is a first integration of a blending shader with one color and a sub-material. As you can see this shader is not yet linked with the snow shader but I am close :D

The good thing with this shader is that you can put any type of sub-material. You have the possibility to define a direction vector and, of course, to control the blending. Blending can be made according the Normal map or Displacement map. I will precise the functionalities of the shader when it's done.
    qo0h.jpg
    Color Blending shader with Bumper Specular sub-material

Thank you !
    MaT.
  • Rivojen
  • Bonkahe
    Offline / Send Message
    Bonkahe polycounter lvl 7
    Did you make the internal lighting fade on the lower depth areas?
  • fire67
    Offline / Send Message
    fire67 polycounter lvl 8
    Bonkahe wrote: »
    Did you make the internal lighting fade on the lower depth areas?

Yes, You have total control on the internal lighting with the depth map and a parameter.
    You will be able to test it in a coming demo. :)
  • warby
    Offline / Send Message
    warby polycounter lvl 18
  • gsokol
    nice! Haha, the presentation is the best part.
  • fire67
    Offline / Send Message
    fire67 polycounter lvl 8
    title.png

Hello everyone !

First of all, I would like to thank all of you for your help and your encouragement.
    I am very pleased to announce that Winters Shader is now available on the Asset Store.

You can now follow the evolution of the package in the Unity forum thread.

Thank you very much.
  • fire67
    Offline / Send Message
    fire67 polycounter lvl 8
    I am currently working on features (Advanced specular, New blending options, etc...) to integrate and improve, but I remain at your disposal for any suggestion or feedback on the package !
  • fire67
    Offline / Send Message
    fire67 polycounter lvl 8

Winter shader Package Update 1.1.0

Hello Unity Community,

I am very happy to announce that the Winter Shaders package have been updated with three new features.
    And a new demo will be available this week. Stay tuned !

You can find more about the change log in the Unity forum.

Thank you very much !
  • fire67
    Offline / Send Message
    fire67 polycounter lvl 8
    Winter shader Package Update 1.1.1

I am glad to announce that the Winter Shaders package now supports DirectX 11 !
  • AlecMoody
    Offline / Send Message
    AlecMoody ngon master
    Any chance of adding IBL support so I can integrate this into a scene that is based around skyshop shaders?
  • fire67
    Offline / Send Message
    fire67 polycounter lvl 8
    AlecMoody wrote: »
    Any chance of adding IBL support so I can integrate this into a scene that is based around skyshop shaders?
    You are not the only one asking this :)
    This is a feature I am thinking of and this will be done, but I need to discuss with Marmoset on how to combine their lighting values to mine.
  • fire67
    Offline / Send Message
    fire67 polycounter lvl 8
    Winter shaders Package - Demo 2

Hello Polycount Community,

I am glad to show a new demo done with the Winter shaders package for all Winter lovers (and for other of course ;)). You will find three materials done with only one shader.

Winter shaders - Demo 2

Don't forget to rate the package and post reviews ! If you have some feedback, ideas, suggestions, even bug report... I'll be glad to hear from you and improve the package.

Forum Thread
    Winter shaders - Demo 1
    Asset Store

I'll be very happy to see what great art you've made with those shaders.

Thank you very much !
  • fire67
    Offline / Send Message
    fire67 polycounter lvl 8
    Winter shader Package Update 1.2.0

Hello Polycount Community,

I am very happy to announce that the new version of the Winter Shaders package is out on the Asset Store.

You will find in the new version a Frost camera effect shader available for Unity Free and Pro !
    This effect is also compatible with any DirectX and OpenGL platform.

frost.jpg

Frost Camera Effect

Here is the demo: Winter shaders - Demo 2

Thank you very much ! icon_smile.gif

Edit: The link to the Demo was not working but the problem is fixed. All my apologies.
  • MichaelElphick
    Fantastic shaders, i'll be sure to use them on an upcoming unity project soon!

and damm the Guild Wars music brought back memories!
  • fire67
    Offline / Send Message
    fire67 polycounter lvl 8
    Fantastic shaders, i'll be sure to use them on an upcoming unity project soon!
    and damm the Guild Wars music brought back memories!

Thank you !
    Yeah, the Guild Wars soundtrack was awesome (as the game) !
  • fire67
    Offline / Send Message
    fire67 polycounter lvl 8
    Hello Unity Community
    I am very pleased to present you K
  • fire67
    Offline / Send Message
    fire67 polycounter lvl 8
    Hello everyone

Here is a little news ! I am actually working on an Ice shader but I am also converting the actual shaders for Unity 5 and I am glad to announce that the Winter Shaders are now available for Unity 5.

I'll post an update of the package soon ! clear.png

Until the new version of the package is available on the Unity Asset Store, take a look at this screenshot showing the support of the Dynamic Global Illumination available on Unity 5.
    gi-jpg.116935
    If you have any question or suggestion, feel free to drop us a line and don't forget to support us by rating the package and posting reviews.

Thank you !
  • fire67
    Offline / Send Message
    fire67 polycounter lvl 8
    Hello everyone !

Winter Shaders v1.2.3

Here is a small update to tell you that the new version of the Winter Shaders is out !
    You are now able to use the Winter Shaders with Unity 5 and enjoy most of the new graphic features such as Global Illumination.

A small issue was also fixed and you can now use the Winter Shaders with standard SSAO and SSAO Pro.

I am currently working on an ice shader.

Don't forget to rate the package and post reviews. clear.png:)
    You can also follow Blackfire Studio on Twitter and if you have ideas, suggestions or even bug report... Don't hesitate to write me a line at : contact@blackfire-studio.com
  • fire67
    Offline / Send Message
    fire67 polycounter lvl 8
    Hello everyone,​

I would like to present you Impact Winter, a post-apocalyptic survival RPG by Mojo Bones, a game studio based in South London, United Kingdom.
    10352906_836145193092012_5730917751251148775_n.png?oh=897476d1c99ffd23921ea6fb8de00869&oe=54DAAE15
    Impact Winter deals with the themes of leadership, teamwork, isolation and survival. You play the role of Jacob Solomon: leader of a group of survivors holed-up in a remote church.
    The game is set 8 years after ‘the catastrophe’: an asteroid collision that's decimated Earth’s population and triggered Impact Winter - a form of ice age that's lowered the planet’s temperature and buried it under constant snowfall. The game begins with Ako-Light - your android companion - intercepting a mysterious broadcast claiming that help will arrive in 30 days.
    Your aim is simple... Survive !
    95848-2fc7a3be37f05a4dcb2d6939b6618b07.jpg 95849-b16c41fc03c9e5885f8c0d032bc5f3c1.jpg 95850-61f5d280cdf6a366261fb64c5d55273e.jpg 95851-49291b008d68b2df7f8782397e76ac4e.jpg 95852-3b36688fcd600047a31bcce270bb8afa.jpg
    Look at some development screenshots
    I am very happy because they choose the Winter Shaders package for their snow environments and the result is really nice.
    Thank you very much !

I suggest you to follow the news and updates on its progress, you can visit www.impactwinter.co.uk and sign-up to join their mailing list.
    I'll keep an eye on this game, it has a great ambiance, nice environments and graphics and an interesting gameplay. Everything that makes great game. clear.png

Follow them on Twitter : Art | Mojo Bones
    Or on Facebook : Mojo Bones

You can also follow Blackfire Studio on Twitter or Facebook and if you have ideas, suggestions or even bug report... Don't hesitate to write me a line at : contact@blackfire-studio.com

Don't forget to rate the package and post reviews. clear.png
    Thank you.
  • fire67
    Offline / Send Message
    fire67 polycounter lvl 8
    Hey everyone,​

I am very happy because I made a big step concerning my ice shader. I am now able to retrieve object thickness which is the most difficult part of this shader... and here is the result. clear.png
    output_sns25y-gif.120266
    Object Thickness
    But this is only the first iteration of this feature, it needs a lot of optimization and the aim is to make it available for Unity Free. For the moment there are some remaining glitches and it is using Unity Pro features.
    Just to let you know, here is what I am targeting

exponential-png.120271
    Renderman render
    Once I will be able to retrieve a clean thickness of the object, the development speed will be quite increased because the other effects are very easy to create (reflection, refraction, etc...).
    Unfortunately, there's a bad news... those effects are not very mobile friendly but I'll create mobile version of this shader with cheaper effects. So, this is not a real bad news, mobile developer are not forgotten. clear.png

About forgetting... don't forget to rate the package, post reviews and follow Blackfire Studio on Twitter or Facebook and if you have ideas, suggestions or even bug report... Don't hesitate to write me a line at : contact@blackfire-studio.com

Thank you very much clear.png
  • fire67
    Offline / Send Message
    fire67 polycounter lvl 8
    Happy New Year !

Thank you everyone for your support and for your kind words about my work.

The ice shader is coming here is correct object's thickness. This should be also available for Unity Free. clear.png The ice shader will be very close to the Renderman example.
    thickness-jpg.122899
  • Chimp
    Offline / Send Message
    Chimp interpolator
  • fire67
    Offline / Send Message
    fire67 polycounter lvl 8
    Chimp wrote: »
    Very nice :)
    Thank you !
  • fire67
    Offline / Send Message
    fire67 polycounter lvl 8
    title-png.126006

Hi everyone,​
    First, I would like to thank all the buyers of the Winter Shaders package.
    Thank you for your support, reviews and questions !

This package is actually used for professional projects like K
  • fire67
    Offline / Send Message
    fire67 polycounter lvl 8
    assetstore-jpg.126516

Here we are !

Get your Winter Shaders with 75% reduction on the Unity Asset Store ! For the 24H Deals.
  • fire67
    Offline / Send Message
    fire67 polycounter lvl 8
    As Unity 5 has been officially announced I'll make a small post about the future changes of the package and the roadmap.
    I am also looking for some talented artists that might help me creating some awesome demo scene for the shaders, feel free to contact me if you are interested.

In the meantime here is a little preview of the coming ice shader. A better screenshot will come soon !
    gif_2-gif.130128
    Great features are coming. Stay tuned !​

You can also follow Blackfire Studio on Twitter and Facebook and if you have any question, don't hesitate to send me an email at : contact@blackfire-studio.com
  • fire67
    Offline / Send Message
    fire67 polycounter lvl 8
    Here is the better screenshot of the coming ice shader !

ice-jpg.130187
  • fire67
    Offline / Send Message
    fire67 polycounter lvl 8
    Hi everyone,

Here is a small update to inform you about the advance of the Winter Shaders package.
    First of all, I am working hard on making this package available for Unity 5 and to support all his fantastic new features. For that, I am rewriting a big part of the shader as it will be based on the new Unity 5 Standard shader. A small sneak peek for this version will be published soon. clear.png

But what about the old version ? I am also thinking about converting the actual package to make it available properly for all Unity 5 users without adding new extra feature.

Let's talk a bit about the pricing too, I am also planning to set an upgrade price, most certainly the difference between the old and the new package price, payable by customers who've purchased the old version of the asset and wish to upgrade to the new version.

But most importantly, let me know what you think, if you have any special wish, request or comment, I'll be glad to know.

Lastly, I would also thank Iestyn Lloyd for mentioning the Winter Shaders package during his talk at Unite 2015 Europe. clear.png

cir-2_4wgaag8lu-jpg.144511
  • fire67
    Offline / Send Message
    fire67 polycounter lvl 8
    good-jpg.153963

The Winter Suite 2.0.0 is now available on the Asset Store ! You can find it here : Winter Suite
    As explained in the previous post, this version is a reboot of the previous package but let me tell you more about what's happening and what's coming.

First, as you might have noticed, the package is now named Winter Suite as it better fits to the philosophy of the product. The aim is to continue adding new features and tools to this package but also offers the possibility to buy those packages independently depending on your needs and your projects.

Please note that this new version has not any new feature, only fixes but is fully compatible with Unity 5. The Winter Suite 1.9.0 is now deprecated and Unity 4 won't be supported anymore.

Here is a preview of the coming updates.

Next minor updates
    • New camera frost effect
    • New snow shaders (triplanar, tesselation, advanced translucency and translucent GI, vertex blending, etc.)
    • Full Unity 5 support (full GI and lightmapping support, reflection probes)
    • New material inspector
    • New workflow
    • Optimization
    • Shader Forge support

Next major updates
    • Ice shader
    • Snow track system
    • Snow accumulation system

Thank you very much for your support, if you have some questions or comments, feel free to drop me a line at any time !
    Don't forget to rate and post a review !

You can also follow Blackfire Studio on Twitter or Facebook and if you have ideas, suggestions or comments, don't hesitate to write me a line at : contact@blackfire-studio.com
  • Xolo
    Offline / Send Message
    Xolo polycounter lvl 10
    Unfortunately, Winter Suite is no longer available.
    This package has been deprecated from the Asset Store. This means that new purchases of the package are not allowed and that only users who already purchased or downloaded the package before it was deprecated, are allowed to download it.
    In most cases, package deprecation happens because the publisher is unable or unwilling to support the package anymore. We suggest looking for alternative packages or contacting the publisher directly.
    If you’ve already purchased it and need to download a copy, you can do so here.

Are you linking to your previous version in your post perhaps?
  • fire67
    Offline / Send Message
    fire67 polycounter lvl 8
    Hi @Xolo, both version are unavailable for the moment but one is currently pending for review. I'll update all the links once the version is available on the Unity Asset Store. :)
  • fire67
    Offline / Send Message
    fire67 polycounter lvl 8
    The Winter Suite is back on the Asset Store !

small_precise-jpg.153966
  • fire67
    Offline / Send Message
    fire67 polycounter lvl 8
    Hey everyone !

Discover the Winter Suite in this new video illustrating some of the features available in this package.
    Enjoy this peaceful and relaxing environment made with Unity 5. 

Don't forget to rate the package, feel free to follow Blackfire Studio on Twitter or Facebook and if you have ideas, suggestions or comments, don't hesitate to write me a line at : contact@blackfire-studio.com
  • fire67
    Offline / Send Message
    fire67 polycounter lvl 8
    Merry Christmas to everyone !
    attachFull167288

As little gift before the end of year 2015, the Winter Suite is available on the Asset Store 40% off for the 24 Hour Deal !
    Feel free to also take a look at the showcase video and screenshots.