Home Technical Talk

Projection Master not allowing edges of plane to tile correctly

I am having an issue using projection master to create seamless details on a plane. I have gotten it to work before without any edge weirdness, but right now any sculpted details on the edges of the plane created through projection master are lower than the inside of the plane. I tried searching for someone else having this issue to no avail.

This happens when I pick up the projection and it is applied to the subtool plane. Fade, normalize, and double sided are all off, as is perspective. Is there a setting I am missing for these details to properly tile?

Replies

• RexM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It is most noticeable when I try to drop the plane that I had already sculpted with projection master. For the initial sculpt, I can use the tilde key and get the sculpted elements to tile fine, but then when I pickup the changes and then drop the plane again for further editing in projection master, there are spaces where the edges of the plane were.

I tried creating a plane both within Zbrush and one from Maya too, that didn't seem to make a difference. I am using Zbrush 4R4.
  • RexM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think I figured out what is going on, but not why it is happening. I am sure there is a setting I am missing somewhere.