Home Dota 2

What do I do with the animation I made?

GhostDetector
polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
GhostDetector polycounter lvl 10
I was wonder how to animate my ward that i've been makinh. I already animated the idle, but I'm not sure how to export it or what to do after I animated the idle.

I'm a noob animator and this is actually the first time I've done animation.

I'm using blender 2.68a(x64).

Also, can someone reply on what people should know about animating?
How long each animation cycle should be.
What to include for an object.

Replies

• vlad_the_implyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vlad_the_implyer polycounter lvl 5
    Start here, scroll to the Animation

Then, follow the images to the ingame importer.
    vZGHkiy.jpg
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks vlad, but I am doing the jug ward modifier. Sorry for being unclear. But I get your point.
    I think I understand how to do different animations for one object from the video below. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gb152Qncn2s"]Video Thing[/ame]

Things I've been working on is the death animation (30 frames) and the idle animation (60 frames). The thing is, I don't know how many frames each animation should be. For example, right now my death animation is 30 frames and my idle is 60 frames. In blender, if I cut the playback to 30 frames for the death animation, my idle animation will also be 30 frames. I'm uneasy on the exporting details whether or not I'll have all of my animation.

Also, the jug ward has a death, idle, and spawn animation.

Again Thank You for your help.

P.S. If there is an easy way to export an animation to a gif for reference then can somebody tell me? I use greenshot for quick images so I don't have to go and crop the image. I was hoping that there is something like that but for gifs.
  • GhostDetector
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    How do I properly export my animations? I have the fbx file, but I'm not sure how to export animation files to the specific animation fields (spawn, die, idle). Do I export the entire mesh along with the animation for one file (spawn, die, idle, etc)?