Home General Discussion

Why can't wacom make a Orange pen?

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
ExcessiveZero polycounter lvl 6
I don't know about you but I for sure have spent hours before (but most often a few seconds or a minute) looking for my pen when it has either rolled under my desk or gone to the side, got mixed in with other pens etc, the annoyance of having to search for a pen there would add up to many lost of productivity hours over the years.

I just wonder why wacom doesn't offer a luminescent model, its pure black, so easy to misplace, I think I might try putting some orange tape on it, see if that does the trick.

Replies

• blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blankslatejoe polycounter lvl 18
    I did that at my last job--put bright tape around the edge. It definitely helps you find it in a dimly lit office.
  • GrevSev
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GrevSev polycounter lvl 9
    Just about everything on my table is black so I lose my pen at least once a day. Also People go on my table looking for a working pen all the time and the Stylus is the first thing they pick up.

Id love to stick a few gel pen grips on the thing if i had any
  • Two Listen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Two Listen polycount sponsor
    They give you a pen holder?
  • Suidae
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Suidae polycounter lvl 11
    May not be your thing, but I use velcro. Just wrapped the fuzzy strip around the back end of my pen and put the other side of the strip behind my monitor. Voila, pen is always where I want it when I need it.
  • Autarkis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Autarkis polycounter lvl 8
    Bright tape around the edge. Genius!
    I loose my pen at least once a day, it's the most frustrating feeling when your entire setup is black! ( and here I thought i was the only one that lost my pen enough that it bugs me.)
    @Two, i lost my pen holder a long time ago. It sucks because it had the extra tips inside.
  • r13
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r13 founder
    I strap a glowstick on mine and tweet on a rave whistle to the tune of whatever is on my headphones.
  • Paradan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    have a surgeon place a small bomb in your abdomen, then put a transmitter on the pen.
    set it up so that if you don't type in a key code every hour, the pen sets off the bomb.

not only will you never loose your pen, but you can probably get your work place to play "hero" music every hour to remind you.
  • ExcessiveZero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ExcessiveZero polycounter lvl 6
    Paradan wrote: »
    have a surgeon place a small bomb in your abdomen, then put a transmitter on the pen.
    set it up so that if you don't type in a key code every hour, the pen sets off the bomb.

not only will you never loose your pen, but you can probably get your work place to play "hero" music every hour to remind you.

ahaha best answer!

as for keeping it in the case thing thats good for my bamboo with that little red tab thing they have with it, but the intuos4 holder pen can fall out when you're just moving something around not even near your desk.
  • ikken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Paradan wrote: »

omg bless you
    this is the best ergonomics/general workspace advice this existing internet has ever been exposed to tbh