Offline / Send Message
    Tits wrote: »
    I can't wait to get my hands on this :)

^^^^^^ :poly142::poly142::poly142:
  • Dataday
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dataday polycounter lvl 8
    Guaranteed upgrade from me. Looks great.

Any love for doing actual environments outside of small groups of objects with only turn table controls?
  • Rikk The Gaijin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rikk The Gaijin polycounter lvl 6
    Is it possible to join the beta?
  • womball
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Will the upgrade cost if you bought the original marmoset toolbag? I like that there are more options but it does look a lot harder to use.
  • yolao
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is looking really fantastic. Is Marmoset Toolbag 2 going to have support for deformed animated geometry cache through something like alembic or MDD?
  • Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    Is it possible to join the beta?
    read the OP; beta is closed for now, will become public beta in the future.
    womball wrote: »
    Will the upgrade cost if you bought the original marmoset toolbag?
    Yes.
  • xtrm3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xtrm3d polycounter lvl 9
    quick test ..
    old model , done by my friend Augusto ..
    minor touching up in CS .. really liking it

toolbag-a.jpg
  • ichidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ichidan polycounter lvl 12
    This is mind blowing so far! TB2 looks and sounds amazing! a little confused with the physically based render stuff though (im still learning how to apply the method)
    Cant wait to get my hands on it and just mess around with it.
  • Bal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bal polycounter lvl 17
    TB2 is looking awesome, can't wait to try it! Any ETA yet?
    Would be great to see the Toolbag viewer integrated to Substance like it is in DDO (yes I'm looking at you Jerc :D ).
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    womball wrote: »
    Will the upgrade cost if you bought the original marmoset toolbag? I like that there are more options but it does look a lot harder to use.

It's not harder to use, at all...

currently it's harder to get DESIRED results, because it's in beta and there are features missing/not yet integrated. but for the software in general, it's way more user friendly than TB1.
  • sparrow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sparrow polycounter lvl 11
    Hi Every one, been playing with the Beta and I have tried it on mac and on PC. I found on Mac the SSS dosnt work i though at first it was something i was doing so i checked on the PC version and it works fine. I will add a screen shot tonight.
  • njackson4190
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is looking amazballs. Really excited to work with the new scene system. Does Marmoset 2 have a terrain shader?
  • artquest
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    artquest polycounter lvl 13
    I took some time to setup an old character I did awhile back in TB2. The project wasn't setup for PBR but unfortunately I don't have a PBR character finished yet that I can show.

None the less it has been a blast playing around with TB2 and the skin shader is awesome! Heres some feedback from my experiences so far.

- Duplicating materials doesn't copy over texture file connections in the slots for diff/norm/spec ect. It would be nice if it did.

- Glow color for the emissive section seems to make the entire object a flat brightish version of the color chosen. When I saw the option I imagined it was going to put a glow color around the emssive areas only. It would be nice to get some sort of post-like control over the emssive. Like being able to adjust the bloom around the glowy areas.

- Where do I turn on double sided geometry for things like hair? Or will I need to duplicate the geometry and flip the normals in an external app?

- Fresnel seems to ignore the specular map so the back of the head gets lighter where the hair is supposed to be really dark on the head so the hair planes can work properly.

- The Eyelashes on my character seem to not respond well to shadows. They are using cut out currently because dithered makes them disappear completely.

- The gloss mapping curve feels very strange to me. At around 16,000 is where you start getting mirror like surfaces. According to the link you gave me I can't even figure out what value to put in my gloss map to get 16,000 because it's off the chart! :) I can't put my finger on why but it feels sort of un-intuitive. I think it has to do with the fact that the other channels can me mapped with real world, measured numbers but the gloss map seems to really rely on "eyeballing it."

I'm not 100% sure about this but I was told the MERL 100 has data on real world glossiness values.
    It would be great if the gloss slider had notches on the UI at certain values showing references of materials that we are trying to emulate. The reason I suggest this is because every engine will implement glosiness in a different way so it would be nice to know right out of the box what TB2 is looking for in a gloss map.

- Also has anyone noticed that with the move to PBR that high gloss values really reveal some nasty artifacts in normal maps. (i.e. metals) If anyone else has a solution to this I'm all ear. In some cases it's not really noticeable but over large smooth/curved areas it ends up looking really ugly. I've run into this problem with every PBR engine I've worked with so far so it's not just a TB2.0 thing. It's for sure a problem with modern ray trace baking methods. If anyone has a solution I would love to know it!

- I ran into a bug where some textures loaded in with the srgb checkbox unchecked. I had to keep putting textures back into srgb space after creating a new material, hooking up textures and then noticing it looked terrible! :P

Anyway here's what the TB2.0 scene looks like now(Still has some things I gotta finish setting up):

iK4rUoCMn91qW.jpg
  • sacrum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sacrum polycounter lvl 11
    Mac Beta:

after importing another mesh and deleting it i cant frame on the first mesh i brought in.
    Widget has clipping issues on lights.
    no scale option.

Wish List:

material editor with simple math operations similar to UDK.
  • ishi_kawa_cg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello
    Today's test shot.

davy3.jpg
    davy2.jpg
    skin.jpg
    troll2.jpg
    troll3.jpg

One question

parallax was disappeared?
    I was using the refraction of the eye. in tb1

In the future, I want eye shader.
    For example, the cryengine3..
    http://freesdk.crydev.net/display/SDKDOC2/Eye+Shader

eye parallax TB1
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9Y-yYRHyvQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9Y-yYRHyvQ[/ame]
  • Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox veteran polycounter
    Is there a place somewhere where people can share/find these material properties?

+1
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/px7wom9oxx99egu/surface_cheat_sheet_v1.jpg

these are a list of reflectance (specular) values. set specular to 1 in toolbag, and use those values in your spec map.
  • Katonc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I sent this through email and thought I would post here. Ihavent been able to read every post, so maybe it is redundant on some of these.

For the most part I like what I have seen. I think the material layout is a little confusing with those drop downs. I could see with time after using it that I would get the hang of it.

Bugs;
    -Cant seem to undo material changes.

-I changed my material type from lambertion, and there was an option for none, and when I did this, it was broke. Couldn't get diffuse back.
    -Seems to run pretty slow on my home machine. I will send my laptop specs later, but it is rather new and highend, but runs slow with one character in it. Which is surprising to me. Maybe it is a graphics card thing. would be nice to have some overall quality settings to speed things up.
    - Cant seem to delete unused materials in my scene.
    -Doesnt appear to be a way to select the objects in your outliner and see what is selected in the viewport. Also it would be nice to select objects that have specific materials.
    -where did parallax maps go? That was very useful.

Spec/Gloss model is confusing.
    First, my spec and gloss maps just don't seem to effect it like I would expect, that is with trying in both slots. That I assume comes from your now physically based setup. But the problem is, it isn't fully physically based. I feel like you need to have some distinction between metals and non metals. If you added IOR and a metal option, or a way to distinguish this, i think it would be very helpful. Usually non metals only use gloss, and then of course metals get their gloss from spec. So to say the least it is a little confusing what is going on there.

I do like the new lighting, it functions a lot better, and I think the skin shader so far seems to be really awesome.

A way to focus on parts would be nice. And I know I saw this in the thread, but the create mesh tab is confusing and should be something more like, add a mesh, or even import. Something else.
  • Katonc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    got some quick tests. I need to author his maps for this spec and diffuse model. it isn't quit right. especially the spec/gloss. I find it a little confusing the direction it is going. Do you have any documentation on it?
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NegevPro polycounter lvl 4
    Wow you guys have posted some awesome work. Glad to hear it's coming with some test meshes as well. Definitely going to be a day 1 purchase for me!
  • BARDLER
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BARDLER polycounter lvl 12
    I had to reset my key today for Marmoset 1, so my feedback is could you make that whole process a lot easier? For example for nDo2 and dDo I can sign into my account and reset or change any of my installs on any of my computers. Also making it easier for people with multiple computers would be nice as well.
  • artquest
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    artquest polycounter lvl 13
    Hello
    Today's test shot.

davy3.jpg
    davy2.jpg
    skin.jpg
    troll2.jpg
    troll3.jpg

One question

eye parallax TB1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9Y-yYRHyvQ

Wow that looks great. What's your setup for the eyelashes? I wasn't able to get results like that, are they geometry or a plane with alpha?

Another piece of feedback is I ran into an issue with point lights where if the radius is maxed and the softness/size is raised above half there is some really weird artifacts that show up.
  • Slave_zero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slave_zero polycounter lvl 8
    I guess this was already brought up, but I'm too lazy to read the whole thread post by post. You guys already talked about to go the same route as UE4 with a metalness map. Will there be a feature for multi layered material with material masks such that you can use different detailmaps like displayed in the UE4 demo video recently? Or is this covered by substance? I guess it would make sense to have such features to cover nextGen techniques and stuff.

Btw: awesome work from all the beta testers.
  • Jerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    The layered material can indeed be taken care of by substance. It's a huge task to embed that compositing in a runtime shader, let alone the UI to make it easy to use.
  • Jerc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jerc interpolator
    I've been playing a bit more with the shaders and it seems to me that a cheap and simple option you may want to add in odrer to make the shader "UE4/metalic compliant" would be to have a checkbox in the specular term that would simply lerp between a white specular color and the color in the diffuse depending on the Intensity slider and clamp the specular map (aka metallic mask) between [0.1-1].

The 0.1 value may be a bit more or a bit less, I would need to compare results with both engines to come up with a good value, but it seems it would pretty much close the gap between the 2.
  • KRider
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KRider polycounter lvl 8
    Bardler brings up a good point. I was hoping to be able to run Marmoset on my home PC and work PC. Pixologic allows this for ZBrush and it would be nice to see Marmoset follow in their footsteps.
  • polozad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    polozad polycounter lvl 9
    BARDLER wrote: »
    I had to reset my key today for Marmoset 1, so my feedback is could you make that whole process a lot easier? For example for nDo2 and dDo I can sign into my account and reset or change any of my installs on any of my computers. Also making it easier for people with multiple computers would be nice as well.

This.
  • Kapoff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kapoff polycounter lvl 11
    I have two things to say; looks AWESOME!

and

give%20it%20to%20me.gif
  • Brygelsmack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brygelsmack polycounter lvl 11
    What I really love about Marmoset is the more or less non-existent learning curve. I hope that's the case with the new release as well because that's a huge + when it comes to choosing and using a product/software. I like when I can just jump in and start rendering out stuff that looks good without spending hours learning something I might as well do with a tool I already know, such as V-Ray or Mental Ray. The images on your website indicates there's a lot more click now, but hopefully it's not too far off what I know and love with Marmoset 1.

I'm really interested in Marmoset 2 so I'm probably getting it either way, I just hope it's still as user friendly as before because that's one of the major advantages Marmoset 1 has over other rendering softwares or plugins.
  • fabs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fabs polycounter lvl 10
    I'm so damn happy!!!
    i can't wait to use on my Mac
  • keelhauler
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    keelhauler polycounter lvl 11
    Want!

Looking really awesome! hoping there will be a public beta,
    not that it really matters. You will have my monies!
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    I'm thinking of organising an event for this weekend, where i'll make a dropbox folder and invite as many people to it as possible. people can upload a zip file to that dropbox folder containing a mesh, and the textures they'd like to use. and then i'll do a google hangout and show as many of them in TB2 as possible, documenting any difficulties or highlighting any points as i go.

the google hangout will also be streamed to youtube so more people can watch, and so that it's recorded.

what do people think of this idea?
  • Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    What do people think of this idea?

That sounds absolutely fascinating and amazing.
    I'd love to see some more work in it, because, at least for me, Marmoset 2 is still this sort of spectral fog of a software, and I can see how other peoples work looks in it, but there hasn't really been enough screenshots to suit my taste, and also, to view our own work in it is something else entirely.

I'd say you should go for it. It's an admirable thing! You should also take a screenshot of each model, and post them here. /asking-too-much?

But seriously, I'm super excited at the prospect. Keep us posted.
  • CIEI3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome)) It will have to download an update or separately and pay? It would be cool if this update. And even cooler if it was like Toolbag 2.0 on Sky Shop.
  • ishi_kawa_cg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I tried transparency..
    I need two side. .
    I hope improve the accuracy in the viewport transparency.

kong2.jpg
    kong1.jpg

TB1 cap
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG2tsRl7_24"]KINGKONG - Marmoset Toolbag Realtime Render 1080p capture - YouTube[/ame]
  • GetAwesome
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GetAwesome polycounter lvl 14
    yolao wrote: »
    Is Marmoset Toolbag 2 going to have support for deformed animated geometry cache through something like alembic or MDD?

We are looking into supporting camera data and baked animation data from Alembic and/or FBX, but we are quite certain that any such support will not be a Day 1 feature.
    sparrow wrote: »
    I found on Mac the SSS dosnt work i though at first it was something i was doing so i checked on the PC version and it works fine. I will add a screen shot tonight.

Thanks for the heads up! This was actually discovered internally as well and a fix will be in the next patch for the beta release.

Mac users, don't be shy. We would love to hear more from all of you.
  • GetAwesome
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is looking amazballs. Really excited to work with the new scene system. Does Marmoset 2 have a terrain shader?
    Slave_zero wrote: »
    Will there be a feature for multi layered material with material masks such that you can use different detailmaps like displayed in the UE4 demo video recently?

We are working on a layered material solution that should effectively cover a wide spectrum of applications, from a simple layered terrain texture setup, to layered micro-detail maps for skin materials. The exact implementation details are still a bit up in the air.
  • GetAwesome
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I tried transparency..
    I need two side. .

Thank you so much for sharing, Yosuke. I love seeing the King Kong vs. T-Rex showdown again!

Parallax, Refraction, and Blending are missing right now, but not forgotten. We will get those back into Toolbag 2.0 soon.
  • Katonc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The viewport lights need work. When you try to rotate a light, the direction on the graphic doesn't update. so other than shadow direction, I dont know what way the light is pointing. Not sure what to call that thing. Little white graphic that represents light direction.

Also it appears that when I switch a created light to a spot light it doesnt work. I will double check later, maybe it was a one off bug.

Lastly, any support for alpha blend? I know it doesnt sort great always, but dithering just doesnt look great in specific instances, like spheres around the eyes. Dithering just is poor. Also double sided checkbox is essential.

But my time with it is good. Anyone else reporting it runs slow on their machines? My home pc is pretty unbearable. Again when I am home tonight I will try to grab the specs from it.

Katon
  • metalliandy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    metalliandy interpolator
    Hey guys,

I'm loving this beta! I cant wait for new goodies. ^^

It seems there is a bug with the PSD files that TB2 creates where right clicking a transparency mask in the layer stack> Apply Layer Mask crashes Photoshop. I have tested and confirmed it on CS3 (32bit), CS6 (64bit) and CC (64bit).

Any ideas?
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    artquest wrote: »
    I took some time to setup an old character I did awhile back in TB2. The project wasn't setup for PBR but unfortunately I don't have a PBR character finished yet that I can show.

None the less it has been a blast playing around with TB2 and the skin shader is awesome! Heres some feedback from my experiences so far.

- Duplicating materials doesn't copy over texture file connections in the slots for diff/norm/spec ect. It would be nice if it did.

- Glow color for the emissive section seems to make the entire object a flat brightish version of the color chosen. When I saw the option I imagined it was going to put a glow color around the emssive areas only. It would be nice to get some sort of post-like control over the emssive. Like being able to adjust the bloom around the glowy areas.

- Where do I turn on double sided geometry for things like hair? Or will I need to duplicate the geometry and flip the normals in an external app?

Thanks for the feedback! Double sided isn't in yet but its on the todo list.
    - Fresnel seems to ignore the specular map so the back of the head gets lighter where the hair is supposed to be really dark on the head so the hair planes can work properly.
    Fresnel is masked by the gloss map, but not the specular map. If you like, please package up your content and send me a link via PM and I'll give it a closer look. Hair in general is something that we're trying to come up with solutions for but we don't have a lot of content to play with.
    - The Eyelashes on my character seem to not respond well to shadows. They are using cut out currently because dithered makes them disappear completely.
    Try turning on the high res shadow option in the render settings and see if that helps. Different light types may work better with shadow resolution as well, I think the direction lights (which are the default light type that is added when you click on the pano gui) are the worst for fine details.

- The gloss mapping curve feels very strange to me. At around 16,000 is where you start getting mirror like surfaces. According to the link you gave me I can't even figure out what value to put in my gloss map to get 16,000 because it's off the chart! :) I can't put my finger on why but it feels sort of un-intuitive. I think it has to do with the fact that the other channels can me mapped with real world, measured numbers but the gloss map seems to really rely on "eyeballing it."
    I'm not 100% sure about this but I was told the MERL 100 has data on real world glossiness values.
    It would be great if the gloss slider had notches on the UI at certain values showing references of materials that we are trying to emulate. The reason I suggest this is because every engine will implement glosiness in a different way so it would be nice to know right out of the box what TB2 is looking for in a gloss map.

- Also has anyone noticed that with the move to PBR that high gloss values really reveal some nasty artifacts in normal maps. (i.e. metals) If anyone else has a solution to this I'm all ear. In some cases it's not really noticeable but over large smooth/curved areas it ends up looking really ugly. I've run into this problem with every PBR engine I've worked with so far so it's not just a TB2.0 thing. It's for sure a problem with modern ray trace baking methods. If anyone has a solution I would love to know it!
    You can try rendering a 16bit per channel normal map, IBL and cube reflections in general are going to show all the imperfections in a normal map. Also, you can use normal maps baked in Maya and set the tangent space (its a per-mesh attribute) to Maya for best results. Xnormal is pretty good as well, but max tangents are broken currently.
    - I ran into a bug where some textures loaded in with the srgb checkbox unchecked. I had to keep putting textures back into srgb space after creating a new material, hooking up textures and then noticing it looked terrible! :P
    I've noticed this when I accidentally load a diffuse map into the normal map slot. It gets "stuck" with sRGB off when I try to load it into the diffuse slot. Is this what you're seeing or are you getting textures that come in randomly without sRGB?
    Anyway here's what the TB2.0 scene looks like now(Still has some things I gotta finish setting up):

Awesome, looks great! Thanks again for the thoughts.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello
    Today's test shot.

One question

eye parallax TB1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9Y-yYRHyvQ

Great stuff as always Yosuke! Parallax and refraction have not gotten back in but are on the todo list.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Katonc wrote: »
    I sent this through email and thought I would post here. Ihavent been able to read every post, so maybe it is redundant on some of these.

For the most part I like what I have seen. I think the material layout is a little confusing with those drop downs. I could see with time after using it that I would get the hang of it.

Bugs;
    -Cant seem to undo material changes.

-I changed my material type from lambertion, and there was an option for none, and when I did this, it was broke. Couldn't get diffuse back.
    -Seems to run pretty slow on my home machine. I will send my laptop specs later, but it is rather new and highend, but runs slow with one character in it. Which is surprising to me. Maybe it is a graphics card thing. would be nice to have some overall quality settings to speed things up.

Thanks for the feedback. Performance is very GPU dependant, so the better video card you have, the better it will run. You can try using the half resolution setting in the render tab to speed things up. SSR can also be pretty taxing, as well as DOF (and the blurrier the DOF is the worse performance gets). More advanced performance options are certainly a good idea though.
    - Cant seem to delete unused materials in my scene.
    To delete an unused material: click on it in the mat editor and hit the delete key on your keyboard, or are you saying this doesn't work for you?
    -Doesnt appear to be a way to select the objects in your outliner and see what is selected in the viewport. Also it would be nice to select objects that have specific materials.
    -where did parallax maps go? That was very useful.

Spec/Gloss model is confusing.
    First, my spec and gloss maps just don't seem to effect it like I would expect, that is with trying in both slots. That I assume comes from your now physically based setup. But the problem is, it isn't fully physically based. I feel like you need to have some distinction between metals and non metals. If you added IOR and a metal option, or a way to distinguish this, i think it would be very helpful. Usually non metals only use gloss, and then of course metals get their gloss from spec. So to say the least it is a little confusing what is going on there.
    The materials are being re-worked a bit, with an extra "metalness" type of specular model as well.

I do like the new lighting, it functions a lot better, and I think the skin shader so far seems to be really awesome.

A way to focus on parts would be nice. And I know I saw this in the thread, but the create mesh tab is confusing and should be something more like, add a mesh, or even import. Something else.
    Katonc wrote: »
    got some quick tests. I need to author his maps for this spec and diffuse model. it isn't quit right. especially the spec/gloss. I find it a little confusing the direction it is going. Do you have any documentation on it?

Sorry we do not have any documentation yet. I'm a little confused about your comment on the direction of the specular reflections. Could you elaborate a little?

Thanks
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BARDLER wrote: »

I can't get into specifics about the licensing system, but I can say the system we used for TB1 has been dropped completely and the new system is way better and easier to use.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I tried transparency..
    I need two side. .

TB1 cap
    KINGKONG - Marmoset Toolbag Realtime Render 1080p capture - YouTube

Hi Yosuke, double sided materials on on the todo list.

You should be able to improve the visual quality of dithered transparency by maing sure anti-aliasing is on, and setting resolution to 2:1 / double.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm thinking of organising an event for this weekend, where i'll make a dropbox folder and invite as many people to it as possible. people can upload a zip file to that dropbox folder containing a mesh, and the textures they'd like to use. and then i'll do a google hangout and show as many of them in TB2 as possible, documenting any difficulties or highlighting any points as i go.

the google hangout will also be streamed to youtube so more people can watch, and so that it's recorded.

what do people think of this idea?

Sounds awesome! Let me know when you're doing it and I may jump in too.
  • seth.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seth. polycounter lvl 14
    olga%20wip%20017.jpg

playing about with the skin shader...head and cap low poly.

Beginging to understand what the subdermal map does and how to use it....still lost on getting translucency up and running on the skinshader but I will have a further look tomorrow, early days yet.
  • Stromberg90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stromberg90 polycounter lvl 11
    Looks nice seth :)

A image from me, waiting for the other shaders to get into tb2 before doing much more testing.
    ijj905B.jpg
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    OOOOKAY!

(good work Seth, i will steal your skin shader secrets later!)

Here's how this weekend is going to work:
    I've just created a dropbox folder. anybody who is interested in getting their work in to see how it looks will have to do, and agree to the following:

1. email me at Lee_devonald@crazyferretstudios.com confirming you want to take part.
    2. accept the invitation to the dropbox folder you will receive shortly afterward.
    3. upload a PASSWORDED zip file to the dropbox folder, containing the mesh file, and any texture files (please make sure they're named sensibly so i don't have to decode them and figure out what goes where).
    4. email me the password for the zip file.

why so many steps? your artwork is YOUR artwork. i want to keep it as much that way as possible! by using passworded zips, it limits the open availability of your work to me and you. you should only take part if you're happy to share the source artwork with me.

the actual hangout event will happen on sunday at 8pm GMT (or thereabouts). it will start out private to make sure certain key people are in, and then will be made public. i'll make sure it's streamed on youtube as well so more people can watch. it may end up being a twitch stream instead, depending on how easy it is for people to ask questions and stuff. i'll decide that before the event however so make sure you check here for updates.

a final word: this is still a beta test. this is a way to broaden the amount of work used in the test and see the capabilities and limitations of the software. notes will be made during thr course of the event on things that could be improved upon. it's also likely that your work will be critiqued by members of the community as this is shown live. and of course, feel free to let me know any preferences in how you want it displayed.

so yeah....

email me if you want in!
This discussion has been closed.