Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

my characters and shit

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
rino polycounter lvl 11
hi,

i've been lurking for 2 years, today is the day.

9wtFb51.png

working on this guy, he's still in zbrush so i'm open to crits. red spots are for shit to smooth out/re-do, black is for things to add.

i don't know if it's any important, but he's a skinny prick.

ntHBggjs.png

that's the base, hopefully proportions are good. that's it so far.

Replies

• Yilativ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey, very nice work,

you can add some details like scratches. bot in general very good work.
  • rino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rino polycounter lvl 11
    Yilativ wrote: »
    hey, very nice work,

you can add some details like scratches. bot in general very good work.

thanks. yeah i'm going to leave that for the end.
  • Larkbeef
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looking good there!

I noticed a minor thing with the strap across the chest. It doesn't seem to have anything pulling it in the downward angle it's at right now.

Also, you might consider adding an inside to the hoodie, looks a bit thin :)

lIbEh2Q.jpg

that's what I got. Real nice though.

(Edit: Hoodie)
  • dwgagner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dwgagner polycounter lvl 7
    Hey looking nice, I think though that you could benefit from doing some cloth studies, a lot of your clothing doesn't feel like it's bunching properly. The right arm for instance feels like an accordion, try to avoid repeating perpendicular lines. Also, your pants where they bunch at the boots needs work. The bunching feels way too deep. Other areas that could use some love are his crotch and hood. Would also be nice if the folds on the left leg are different from the right so it's not so easily identified as being symmetrically sculpted.

Edit: I noticed you had marked some of that stuff in red to redo so, good :).
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    Good job so far! The thing that sticks out as incorrect the most to me right now is his neck. Too long and thin around the base. The neck muscles themselves are showing too much, they should be smoothed out more to become more subtle.

His clothing does not hint very much at the underlying anatomical structure. For example, check the knee and elbow areas.
  • rino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rino polycounter lvl 11
    fuck me.

okay i'll try to fix everything what has been mentioned. hopefully this is looking better:

u6ZyfU7.png

its not done, still needs a lot of work but there
  • DougClayton4231
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DougClayton4231 polycounter lvl 3
    It's looking good :) I definitely agree with dwgagner though, the cloth is too bunched up to be that tight to the body. Reducing the amount of folds will increase the realism (and lower the amount of time that you spend sculpting). It also helps to outline which materials are going to make up the object that you are sculpting, that way you can get a better reference point for which shapes that you'll need and how they react under different situations (e.g., stretched, loose, tight to a surface, etc.). Hope that helped :P
  • rino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rino polycounter lvl 11
    thanks guys, halps a lot.

i fixed some stuff, long neck fixed and smoothened out dem neck muscles, redone the boots, redone the pants, redone the shirt bunching, however some of the stuff also mentioned i just didn't have motivation to do, 1 month on and off, got tired of looking at it.

it sits around 20k tris, i hope that's not too much

here it is

thief_final_360.png
    thief_final_head_360.png
    thief_final_360_wire.png
    thief_final_head_360_wire.png

i really have to work on my textures, especially hard surface stuff, it's just pure balls right now. also hair sucks, i have to work on that too. when i was rigging the thing, i realized also that my edge loops suck and it was deforming terribly in the crotch and armpit area. also some of the extra edge loops are there because "I THOUGHT" it would help deforming, but it didn't much, lesson learned. that's it for now.

if anyone has anything to add, please do.
  • theslingshot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You should definitely make it brighter, can't really see much. Looks good from what i can see.
  • rino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rino polycounter lvl 11
    You should definitely make it brighter, can't really see much. Looks good from what i can see.

actual texture or background? anyhow thanks!
  • theslingshot
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The character itself, but maybe it's just your lighting. Maybe making the background lighter could help as well.