Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio Review

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
nicko_the_great polycounter lvl 9
Hey guys just updated my Reel Looking for some feed backula again whats strong whats weak Im constantly pushing out work and these are a few things that I've done here's the link I appreciate the help from all that critique thanks [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RZN3BSei_E"]Animation/Modeling Show Reel 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

Replies

• nicko_the_great
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    please tear this video apart
  • Polymiron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polymiron polycounter lvl 7
    I like:
    The Spider Robot Fly
    The Face Rigging (I don't know how to rig faces myself)
    And the Characters from the last animation

I think you should definitely work on the quality of animation, and texturing.
    Some of those character models are a little below par, but The old man in the last scene was great. He is the only one you should keep. Also when you re film the environment run-though get your mouse out of there! :P
  • nicko_the_great
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks this helps out hope to more critiques
  • Jason Young
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jason Young polycounter lvl 14
    - The turnarounds are very fast to the point it's hard to get a good read on anything.
    - Animations are floaty, stiff, and lack anticipation. Not a real sense of weight behind the actions.
    - The rigging section shows you know the basics of rigging, but doesn't demonstrate anything beyond that.

Overall, it shows you understand all the processes, but nothing sticks out at a high quality level. I'd recommend picking a specialty and really trying to push yourself.
  • nicko_the_great
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Jason. I really have trouble finding the one thing Im good at so I tend to do all the process. Is there anything you see that you would say is overall stronger than the rest that i should focus on only?