Home General Discussion

I have my first Game interview

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
MrPie polycounter lvl 5
Hey guys, just need some advice on what to do. I did an art test for a local games company that looks like it's a new start up. They provided me a concept from which i had to model and texture. I got a reply today saying that they wish to offer me an interview and asked me to bring my portfolio along with the email, they are "suggesting" i bring in a portfolio but it's not a requirement.

However i still want to, most of my work is digital and i don't really have a lot of good work to show, would it be okay to just put my best works on my tablet and take that with me? What have you guys done and what would you recommend?

Thanks!

Replies

• Shiniku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiniku polycounter lvl 9
    In my experience bringing a tablet is actually preferable, although sometimes people have more respect for someone who goes to the trouble of putting together a print portfolio. But yeah - you should be fine with just your tablet. If you have a website just make sure it looks okay on there and show that.

I've never had to bring anything, the places I've interviewed the interview always has a PC and can just pull up my website, but I've only been to a few smaller studios.
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    Tablet's fine man, you can even show videos on it. Just make sure to preload things, since you might not be able to get on their WiFi (or 3G connection might drop out on you)