Home General Discussion

Got a job at blizzard! but i need help

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
leslievdb polycounter lvl 15
Hey guys,

I recently signed my contract to be a 3d artist on the starcraft team and i couldn’t be more excited to get started!
It is a dream come true and such a big motivator/reminder to me that I’m on the right track of becoming a good artist.
With everything signed the only thing holding me back is securing a working visa to enter the US

I’m applying for an o1 visa that requires me to prove my competence through awards, features, publications etc… but one of them is recommendation letters from people within the games industry.

I don’t have a lot of actual game-industry experience so in that aspect my reach for people who could write one for me is limited. But what I do have is a lot of you amazing artists that work at high profile studios out there that might have seen my work over the years and that have seen the effort I’ve put in becoming a better artist.

I know it’s a long shot but I would be eternally grateful to any of you who’d be willing to take some time to write such a letter for me in order to raise my chance of getting approved for the o1 visa.

If you’d be willing to do this for me hit me up and I can supply you with a template letter and more support on writing it.

And thanks to all of you for the support over the years , I wouldn’t have gotten this far without it !

Replies