Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Medical Box - Texture test

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Javibcln polycounter lvl 8
Hi polycount! I made this kind of medical box to test my texturing skills, which are really weak I guess... This is the realtime model rendered in marmoset.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzVuTYWfCkM"]Medic Pack - 3D Videogame model - YouTube[/ame]

6ceo.jpg

3d1q.jpg

6wk5.jpg

om0k.jpg

hjvz.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Replies

• SpeedyB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks pretty good. The painted metal is your best material. The trim is the weakest. Is the trim painted metal or brushed metal? If its brushed metal you want to tone down the brush marks and move them mostly to the specular map.

PS: Your images are too big, 1920x1080 is about as big as you want to go unless you have something that is extremely detailed.
  • KartoonHead
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KartoonHead polycounter lvl 4
    Way way waaaay too much post-processing, and as SpeedyB mentioned, the images are too big for a small clutter prop. If you want crits on your texturing then you should probably show your texture flats. Do you have a reference image? Is it baked from a hi-poly?

In its current state it doesn't read very well. The diffuse looks very noisy/overly contrasty. If you baked from a high-poly then your bake hasn't been done right - there's no visible hard-edge highlight. The texel density is inconsistent, certain areas are fuzzy whilst others are very sharp. I think you're aiming for metal with those grey trim parts; they don't look very much like metal, try a much darker diffuse colour.