Twi'lek?

No , it's not a Twi'lek ! It's Togruta ! :poly124:

Actually I do not just paint, i also added one detail

aCNeqXQ.jpg
  • ThinkKlinck
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ThinkKlinck polycounter lvl 8
    This is a fantastic thread! I am in the middle of a bow for Clinkz atm, but I wanna jump on this next month, keep em up!
  • Zaphk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zaphk polycounter lvl 7
    Wow! Too much good work this month! :)

Nannou: Awesome weapon, that's insanely good!
    OrganizedChaos: I love the mount so far! But I agree with Pipotchi, the head could be smaller ^^
  • mrpresident
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mrpresident polycounter lvl 10
    So I've still got some time to enter this right? I'd better hurry up!

Here's a concept for an enchantress javelin I whipped up, C&C always welcome.

Enchantress_Javelin_Concept.jpg
  • vertical
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vertical polycounter lvl 9
    I'm also entering a teensy bit late.. Here we go:

89RY7js.jpg

Bonus:

ex3UixI.jpg
  • Dvonio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dvonio polycounter lvl 4
    Hello! as I say the other day, Mr.Scrake and I are making this weapon for naga:

8052aba927.jpg

and this is the base mesh to bring it into sculpt:

91c22a37c7.jpg

What do you guys think?

Thanks!
  • Vayne4800
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vayne4800 polycounter lvl 3
    Simple, elegant and nice shape. I like it.
  • I-ninja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I-ninja polycounter lvl 5
    Everyone's so far ahead, I guess the better you are at something the less time it takes to make it
    3tjo.jpg
    So I did with G , now time to add bling
  • Vayne4800
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hmm, this is one of those times where I am embarking onto something new and would love some guidance along the way. So with the spirit of this monthly competition, here is my progress, more of experimentation at this stage, on Fox's QoP head item:

fVexTda.png
    NkaZjYF.jpg
    8srNTlx.jpg
    lTrxAaC.jpg
    4zhGt0M.jpg

As you can see, I am far from complete. This was achieved using 100% Zbrush (minus the horns which was modeled in Max) with brushes Move, SnakePull (can't recall exact name but I guess everyone familiar with Zbrush know which one I am talking about, will recheck if needed) and Smooth. Yes the dangling hair part is mirrored which shouldn't be the case but I will rectify that as I get more grasp of the hair sculpting.

I managed to get a grasp of making a basic mesh for the hair in a very general form. Though I tend to get lost as I move to medium sized details as you can see from the concept where the hair is lumped up in groups of sort.

I have reached to this point after lots of reading and some video examining and still feel lacking as this style is not generic.

Comments on scale are welcome but I think I know where I am in that department.
  • vertical
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yay, some progress:

Y21GiNq.png

Hit me with crits!
  • 7thBattery
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nannou wrote: »
    That mirana mount is crazy. I hope to see it done.

I decided to submit my drow weapon

Bow of the Howling Terror by Nannou

268x268.resizedimage
    Yuuuuuuuueeeeessss! I love that Nannou!

Very, very cool :)
  • Snowstorm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowstorm polycounter lvl 5
    Vayne4800 wrote: »
    Hmm, this is one of those times where I am embarking onto something new and would love some guidance along the way. So with the spirit of this monthly competition, here is my progress, more of experimentation at this stage, on Fox's QoP head item:

As you can see, I am far from complete. This was achieved using 100% Zbrush (minus the horns which was modeled in Max) with brushes Move, SnakePull (can't recall exact name but I guess everyone familiar with Zbrush know which one I am talking about, will recheck if needed) and Smooth. Yes the dangling hair part is mirrored which shouldn't be the case but I will rectify that as I get more grasp of the hair sculpting.

I managed to get a grasp of making a basic mesh for the hair in a very general form. Though I tend to get lost as I move to medium sized details as you can see from the concept where the hair is lumped up in groups of sort.

I have reached to this point after lots of reading and some video examining and still feel lacking as this style is not generic.

Comments on scale are welcome but I think I know where I am in that department.

Hm, firstly you can use dynamesh to easily clean up that mesh so you can sculpt the medium details easier.

Now that you've gotten the shape of the hair in place, after you dynamesh it you can use Clay Buildup and Clay Tubes to trace out the general clumps and strands of hair. Strokes in the direction of where the hair will flow will help define the look a lot. Looking at actual pictures of hair also helps a ton.

You probably also need a much higher subdivision to start defining that piece of hair imo.
  • Vayne4800
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Regarding dynamesh and subdivisions, yeah I am aware of that. Sorry I didn't mention that before. Otherwise, thanks for the input. First time I know you can use clay buildup and clay tubes for this. Almost everyone else is saying to use standard, dam_standard and pinch brushes at that level.
  • Zoja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zoja polycounter lvl 6
    Hi all, I started working today on a weopon for naga siren, thats the beginning

4xyiY.jpg

@ Nannou your bow is really amazing, will go ingame for sure! one of my favourite bows ;)
  • Joker_47
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joker_47 polycounter lvl 6
    vertical wrote: »
    Yay, some progress:

Y21GiNq.png

Hit me with crits!

@vertical Good ,but i guess you should make wrinkles a little smoother, in my opinion, but i might be wrong

@Vayne4800 Like Snowstorm said dynamesh and claybuildup brush should help you with hair.

Damn can someone give me advice how to fix this

0yR0jzg.jpg

I have an idea to put some jewelry above seam, but i hope somebody will give me a tip how to do that without it :)
  • PKSpark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Is Puck a female character, available in this contest? He/She refered as "It" In the bio.
  • Zipfinator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    PKSpark wrote: »
    Is Puck a female character, available in this contest? He/She refered as "It" In the bio.

I would say yes, but Puck isn't available yet to upload to the workshop.
  • vertical
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    More progress: [WIP] Gameplay LOD0

TiLZike.png

Some quick WIP diffuse:

l4gUz02.jpg

Something for the newbies using xNormal:

wORIRPI.jpg

Sometimes it's best to bake maps with xNormal one mesh at a time, making it more cleaner to work with when it comes to texturing.

(Layers and colors are exactly the same, but the produced bakes are different.)

Sometimes meshes get in the way and you see ugly things that even your mom wouldn't like to see. [See frame labeled 1. marked with an "x"] Now, for if the hair would move, that will be present on the hood. You don't want that.

Also compare the visual cleanliness of A. and B. A. looks a little bit dirtier than B. but a little bit more realistic in terms of Ambient Occlusion. B. looks more vibrant and alive but a bit flat. That's okay! You are preparing a model that doesn't look broken for what if scenarios. Also, small details fall away when Dota 2's camera is all the way in the sky, there's that also that needs to be taken into thought.

Tomorrow: Moar progress..

Have a nice day guys
  • Zoja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zoja polycounter lvl 6
    vertical wrote: »
    More progress: [WIP] Gameplay LOD0

TiLZike.png

Some quick WIP diffuse:

l4gUz02.jpg

Something for the newbies using xNormal:

wORIRPI.jpg

Sometimes it's best to bake maps with xNormal one mesh at a time, making it more cleaner to work with when it comes to texturing.

(Layers and colors are exactly the same, but the produced bakes are different.)

Sometimes meshes get in the way and you see ugly things that even your mom wouldn't like to see. [See frame labeled 1. marked with an "x"] Now, for if the hair would move, that will be present on the hood. You don't want that.

Also compare the visual cleanliness of A. and B. A. looks a little bit dirtier than B. but a little bit more realistic in terms of Ambient Occlusion. B. looks more vibrant and alive but a bit flat. That's okay! You are preparing a model that doesn't look broken for what if scenarios. Also, small details fall away when Dota 2's camera is all the way in the sky, there's that also that needs to be taken into thought.

Tomorrow: Moar progress..

Have a nice day guys

thanks for that^^ learned smth again :)
  • Snowstorm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    another hair practice piece, concept and zbrush sculpt.

VxL0acp.jpg
  • Coyo.Te
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Coyo.Te polycounter lvl 4
    gracejones-dp-chris.jpg

Basemesh for a grace jones style deathprophet headpiece, collab with prophet9 and ofc grace jones, just pull up to my bumper baby! ^^
  • Snowstorm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Coyo.Te wrote: »
    Basemesh for a grace jones style deathprophet headpiece, collab with prophet9 and ofc grace jones, just pull up to my bumper baby! ^^

Oh damn, that looks spectacular. I can see that getting into the game already.
  • Dvonio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dvonio polycounter lvl 4
    Finished the high poly:

9ba14f8cd5.jpg

gonna retopo now!
  • Joker_47
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowstorm wrote: »
    another hair practice piece, concept and zbrush sculpt.

VxL0acp.jpg

Damn , I like it :poly124:

So here is my pre-release, i plan to adjust textures, make some pieces brighter, and also fix some issues with tentacles

YA3BrA9.jpg
    rJVVa9E.jpgGytzdbF.jpg
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tvidotto polycounter lvl 9
    you guys are doing a really good work there =]

one week more to go and should have already started mine...
  • vertical
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think I'm at the home stretch with this, what do you guys think?

3Ep6Dwh.png

Feedback would be very appreciated :D

Edit: I've no idea how the portrait eyes became like that... Worked normal the previous patch.

@Tvidotto Thanks for the motivation!
  • Pipotchi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pipotchi polycounter lvl 4
    I think be very careful on how thick you make the yellow shapes on the hood. You have a lot of colours competing for the #1 spot around the head area which is quite a detailed area anyway. Maybe thin those shapes just a small amount and see if it helps at all. I found your xnormal mini tutorial useful btw so thanks for that :)
  • Darkinub
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Joker_47
    Im feeling that the naga head bit is too tall/long maybe shortening and widening it?
  • Vayne4800
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mostly done with blockout for PA Helmet I am working on which is based on Stefco's concept. Please crit before I move on to sculpting:

uIoWW6D.jpg
    RjMsAFQ.jpg
    0SYjFyJ.jpg

Keep in mind I kept the feathers straight as that will make it easy for me to sculpt both sides. When I am done with that I will bend them.
  • Joker_47
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Darkinub

Thanks for advice,i'm gonna try that right away !
  • Coyo.Te
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    looks good sofar vayne. looking forward to it
  • mihalceanu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mihalceanu polycounter lvl 6
    Hey guys; I'm going to join the comp with a medussa bow , using the concept provided by BladeofEvilsBane

Here are some wip. Just finished sculpting :)

28at7yq.jpg

concept link : http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t26/linkfrog23/medusabowpaintover2_zps0b9675f1.jpg
  • vertical
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looking good mihalceanu!

Promo so far:

zIG1Hud.png

I feel it misses something, what do you guys think?
  • Dvonio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dvonio polycounter lvl 4
    @vertical That hood is coming along nicely! what about adding a little vignette to the promo? or make the model a little bigger to fill the gaps, I dont know if thats gonna help you :P

@mihalceanu Love the sculpt!

Low poly and bakes done!

97282bb8a2.jpg

now its time to texture!
  • Joker_47
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @vertical

Nice one ! You have my vote )

Slithereen Tentacles by Joker_47

200x200.resizedimage
  • Snowstorm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My turn to come across a scaling issue when importing. Suffice it to say having to extract the mdl, set up MESA and try to correct all the misplaced pieces was a little frustrating. Had a couple of rigging problems too. I guess I've just about managed to save it though.

qzCaBRv.jpg

Still have shader masks left to do, a few vertices need a bit of position tweaking, and the textures could use a bit more work to compensate for the unexpected stretching/repositioning.
  • Paskie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Highpoly done. Bakingtime!

hATUS3m.jpg
  • vertical
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Sekoran
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sekoran polycounter lvl 4
    Just have to check in again, managed to make the particles work for my weapon, kind of.

VBCCxzT.jpg
    MzNHD61.jpg

Thing is when i actually try it inside the game instead of the workshop preview the effect disappears.
    When skilling the ult (which should activate the effect) i instead get this thing.

EhqpzLm.jpg

Tried redoing the UV mapping a few times in addition to changing the model but
    in the end that didn't achieve anything.

Any thoughts? :|
  • mihalceanu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mihalceanu polycounter lvl 6
    Looking good guys :)

I've managed to bake and texture my medussa bow ( texture is at 256x256 in this print) . I will make the aditional touches as I add it to the workshop ..

xnufmc.jpg

cheers
  • Coyo.Te
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    deathprophet_1.jpg

wip hair, never done it, love it already - sculpting fun
  • ysyoomn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi all ,I'm new and i want to join:poly121::poly121::poly121:
  • Zoja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zoja polycounter lvl 6
    mihalceanu wrote: »
    Looking good guys :)

I've managed to bake and texture my medussa bow ( texture is at 256x256 in this print) . I will make the aditional touches as I add it to the workshop ..

xnufmc.jpg

cheers

that bow looks really creative ;) you made all the details by sculpting right?? Is it possible to get the same details, like scratches with photoshop? I am asking that for myself^^

And Guys you know how to fix this?:

4zWa4.jpg

Im trying to import my blade, to test how it looks like on naga, (textures are not there yet, just some random basecolors) but there is always the original blade too? Never had this problem, any idea what to do?

thanks
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vlad_the_implyer polycounter lvl 5
    Zoja wrote: »
    that bow looks really creative ;) you made all the details by sculpting right?? Is it possible to get the same details, like scratches with photoshop? I am asking that for myself^^

And Guys you know how to fix this?:

Im trying to import my blade, to test how it looks like on naga, (textures are not there yet, just some random basecolors) but there is always the original blade too? Never had this problem, any idea what to do?

thanks
    Let me guess, you downloaded the files and imported the "weapon" mesh, but when you import the "weapon" slot, you get it like this? Notice the left hand is empty?

Weapon mesh is actually offhand and vice-versa, Volvo messed up the files.
  • Zoja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zoja polycounter lvl 6
    Let me guess, you downloaded the files and imported the "weapon" mesh, but when you import the "weapon" slot, you get it like this? Notice the left hand is empty?

Weapon mesh is actually offhand and vice-versa, Volvo messed up the files.

Ah true :) thanks
  • Zoja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zoja polycounter lvl 6
    I finished my last entry for this month and maybe for a long time, wont have any time in the next weeks! I enjoyed it here and learned lots of new staff!

here is an other progress pic:
    4A0nn.jpg

here is the finished item (I did offhand and mainhand btw) but this is for the contest:

Seablade by Zoja

4A5yK.jpg
  • sadies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Really cool work for this month so far, everyone :D

Super sweet mount, Crystel!! Can't wait to see it finished!

Here's a concept I made for Naga since I've been playing her a lot lately. We'll see if I can get the 3d done in time for this month nervous laugh

I also have some other weapon concepts sketched up, which are here in my thread. Open to collab if anyone wants to take a crack at them!

naga_sword_concept_by_rabies.jpg
  • Snowstorm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That bow is looking brilliant Mihal!

Winter Solstice Fashion by Snowstorm

200x200.resizedimage

Spent some time playing around with possible hair accessories, but they worked against the style rather than with it.
  • mrpresident
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mrpresident polycounter lvl 10
    Enchantress_Javelin_Preview1.jpg

Making some progress...