Welcome to our 8th monthly unofficial Dota 2 workshop friendly competition
This month we are keeping the single item style and this month of september the theme will be
"Single items to FEMALE heroes" (or based on Female Heroes (couriers, huds, wards, announcer packs)
the idea of the competition is to create items in a friendly environment and with the feedback of the other participants to get the best result possible.
The single item style is good for the guys that are not used to make items, sometimes they just need a little pull with references and deadlines to get an item done
From this month, its mandatory to post the work in progress, or else the submition will not be accepted!
Each month we are sponsored by HANDPLANE
, which give us 2 licenses to be handled to the 2 best items
--- Getting your item displayed on the first post
or this one for 2 creators
- name of your set, use equal as on the workshop
- your workshop page, so people can browse your other items easily
- the name you think its easier to people find you, can be the one from polycount or the steam
- the workshop page of your item
- the image link of the thumbnail that is INSIDE your item page on the workshop (the thumbnail is the one with 200 pixels wide, you can get from your items page or add
to the end of the link)
- open for teams of any size
- its allowed one item per hero per team/person ( two or more items for the same hero made by the same team/person will not be accepted)
- everyone should keep posting feedback on other works, the feedback should be constructive
- the final submition need to be a single item to a Radiant Hero
- it must be submitted to the workshop before the deadline but not before the start of the competition
- The item should be made on the month of the competition, its ok to continue one started earlier, but you should work most of it during the month
- the deadline is the last day of the month at 23:59 (since we live in different timezones, some submitions may be accepted couple hours after the deadline)
- From this month, its mandatory to post the work in progress, or else the submition will not be accepted!
---Tutorials/working in progress videos
"It is absolutely insane the amount of top quality content that is being produced every single time here on Polycount. It's great to see so many cosmetics deliver not just on the technical end but also make for such great fittings in every other branch. You guys are doing an exceptional job and contests like this are only helping boost that exponentially. Brilliant stuff."
"It was bloody hard picking from this list, I honestly enjoyed all of the entries. Keep up the good work guys!"
Wow, that's really awesome. Please keep us at Valve informed so we can help draw attention to the winners, progress threads, etc.
Try to give some attention to heroes that are under-served so far (in terms of amount of content).
The success of sets tracks well with the popularity of the hero. (Although popularity can vary between updates and as Icefrog changes balance.)
Look for heroes that the community seems to have trouble creating content for. Good work can really open up the design landscape and help people think about the dynamic range of potential designs.
Don't forget about single items (instead of full sets). Many of the most popular items in the game are single items. Mounts and weapons make good candidates for this, but it varies by hero.
Mix up these approaches. So maybe one month you do a popular hero and another month you do a hero that has few items.
-Brandon Reinhart (Valve)
I love you guys for doing this! Dota2 is my favorite game at the moment and Polycount is my favorite community! I'm very proud to be apart of such dedicated artists and I smile every time I see some Polycount work in game
the presentation is a really important part on the workshop, save some time before the deadline for that. the first impression means a lot on the workshop.
If you want to fancy your presentation here is a the polycount logo over the aegis, there is no need of it to be used